Chapter 27

I was lounged on the couch, my mind growing mad as a hatter as I continued to switch the channels on the television.

"Yo Cactus!" Shane hollered as he walked his way down the stairs.

My eyes shot daggers at him as I frowned. "Do you want a death sentence? Because I can make that happen."

Shane grinned like a child, casually shoving his hands into his jean pockets. "I'm going to the grocery store, we are out of a couple ingredients, including tea leaves. Wanna join?"

"No." I declined the offer, averting my gaze to the television.

"Well, you are the one who drinks tea. I'm not getting it unless you choose to tag along." He shrugged, not moving from his place.

We had what felt like a staring contest for almost a minute as I pondered.

Letting out a groan, I surrendered and switched off the television.

"I'll be right back." I apprised as I lifted myself off the couch and hurried to my room.

Grabbing a hoodie and a pair of ripped jeans, I switched my attire, completing it with a pair of sneakers.

I deliberately ambled down the stairs as slow as I could, attempting to test his patience.

When I reached him, unaffected, he beamed gleefully. "Let's get going?"

"Whatever." I huffed and rolled my eyes the moment he turned around.

Does this man never get annoyed?

We entered his prodigious garage which consisted of almost every man's dream vehicles.

Shane unlocked his Range rover and began to amend his way toward it.

So that's what we are going in today.

He opened the door for me, smiling at him sardonically, I plopped myself onto the passenger's seat and crossed my hands in front of my chest, wanting the day to end already.

Once we entered the supermarket, I leaned towards Shane and whispered. "You go your way. I'll go my way. Okay?"

Shane rolled his eyes, pulling out a trolley for himself. "Okay, captain."

Blowing out air from my cheeks, I pulled out the next trolley, swirling it around before increasing my distance from him.

"I'll take care of all the food necessities!" I announced before commencing into my little mission.

By the end of my journey, my trolley was filled with all the necessary ingredients. And by necessary ingredients I meant ingredients that were necessarily for our daily meals and almost every brand of chips there was to offer. Oh, and of course, tea.

I'm a couch potato that's hungry 24/7, what would you expect?

P.s. don't worry, I never allow the devil to pay for my expenses.

After a whole hunt for him in the enormous grocery store, I finally reached him as I pushed my filled trolley.

"I'm done." I blurted out, tapping my foot impatiently on the ground.

Shane looked back at me, his eyes widening ever so slightly the moment they reached my trolley.

"Wow." He breathed out before biting his lip to suppress himself from laughing.

I frowned, my nose scrunching in the process. "Anything you want to comment on?" I provoked, folding my hands in front of my chest.

Shane laughed before looking away. "Just give me a minute, I'm almost done."