Chapter 34

I could feel my forehead dampen with sweat as I lay still in the trunk, curled up like a cat.

I decided to shift once again, rotating and twisting my wrists in attempt to squeeze them out of the loop of rope. Thankfully, my hands were tied from the front, making it an advantage.

Bringing my knees higher, I placed my hands inbetween them before attempting to squeeze them out of the rope with full force.

Not wanting to give up yet, I tried once again and to my relief, my hands were freed from the tight loop.

I immediately pulled the black material out of my head. Taking in deep breaths I then analysed my surrounding, the only light illuminating the empty trunk being from the glass in the rear end.

I huskily wiped the beads of sweat off my forehead and cheeks before digging my hand into the pocket of my jeans. Pulling out my phone, I turned on the screen, squinting at its harsh glare as I selected Katie's contact number from my call logs.

Placing my phone near my ear, I stared at the descending views of the street, striving to percieve a landmark. To my dismay, the buildings seemed very replicative, making it hard to comprehend the location.

My heart sank at the sound of the call not been answered. Biting my lip with the growing anxiety, I began to scroll down in search of Sebastion's contact name.

I was almost about to select his name but my fingers froze as someone else's contact name caught my attention.

Shane.

Within a heartbeat, I selected his contact number and pressed the green icon, praying for him to answer it like my survival depended on it.

And it actually did.

I bit my lip harder as the ringing sound call continued to resonate through my ear.

Please answer the call, please.

I exhaled out loud in relief at the sound of the call been answered. Never have I thought of there being a moment where I would be this exhilarated to hear his voice.

"Am I dreaming or did you just call me?" I heard his gravelly voice tease from the other side of the call.

"Shane." I sniffed, my voice cracking as I tried to hold back my tears.

There was a long pause before he decided to speak again.

"Cactus, what's wrong?" His tone was filled with concern, oddly comforting me and calming my nerves.

"Cactus?" He called out once again agitated.

Taking in a deep breath, I wrapped my fingers tighter around my phone as though someone would snatch it away from me any moment.

"I th-think I have been kidnapped."

His lack of response made me voice out again, my blood running cold.

"Shane?"

I heard him suck in his breath, "Share me your live location."

I nodded my head although I knew he couldn't see me. Running my quivering fingers across the contrasting screen, I clicked send. "Done."

"Cactus?"

"Y-yeah." My voice croaked as I once again wiped the sweat against my forehead.

"I'm going to come get you, okay? I promise you'll see me sooner than you can ever imagine."

I nodded my head once again as I bit my lips to ease my nerves.

"Cactus?"

"Yes, okay," I respond this time, "Please don't cut the call." I then appealed as I bit harder onto my lip.

"I won't." He assured, his soothing voice allowing me to relax.

"Are you on your way?" I asked impatiently, vrining my knees closer to my chest as I lay down.

"Yes I am."

A little smile graced onto my lips with hope.

The call soon drifted into a peaceful silence. The fear I had moments ago had now died down, a part of me believing that I was safe as long as I had Shane.

As I stared at the descending views through the clear glass, I thought back to the times I had been unbelievably rude to him the past three months.

How did someone like me be lucky enough to come across someone as great as him. I don't even deserve the attention he gives me.

"Shane?"

"Yes, Cactus."

I pursed my lips together as I squeezed my eyes shut, the words feeling too foreign as they left my mouth. "I'm sorry."

There was an uncomfortable silence before he decided to respond to it.

"Sorry for?"

I sighed heavily as I shifted a little. "For ummm," I paused as I tried to pull myself togrther, "for treating you the way that I do."

Shane began to say something but my heart dropped at the sound of the vehicle been parked.

"Shane," I whispered in agitation as I cut him off.

Pulsating beat of my heart only quickened as I heard the man close the door to his car seat. "I think he's coming to get me."

Shane's lack of response only frightened me further as I hastily pushed the device to back pocket if my jeans.

I began to pray profusely as the sound of footsteps near the trunk.

Maybe I should kick him in the nuts and run for my life.

That thought was soon pushed away when I heard multiple footsteps at a closer range.

And thats when I realised that maybe even Shane cannot save me.

"Th-there's a lot of people." I whispered, hoping that he could hear me from the back of my jeans.

Strong breeze hit me like waves as the trunk was pulled open. Looking up in bewilderment, I froze at what stood before me.

Shane had a hand resting on the lid of the trunk as smiled down at me cheekily. "I told you you'd see me sooner than you could imagine."

___________________

Hii guys! There's a double update so you can swipe to read the next chapter :D

Also I've realised that some of you have expected a nice kidnapping seen to occur. I was a bit nervous posting this since what I had in mind was completely different.

And no there is no mafia entry or anything of that sort. But although this wasn't a twist like some of you had expected, there is still a twist about to happen very very soon but its not kidnapping. Hehe.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you also enjoy the next chapter I have uploaded. The romance is soon about to elevate. <3