Chapter 35

I stared at him dumbfoundedly as I turned my attention to the people casually walking in the background. The sweet smell of cotton candy then hit my nostrils, puzzling me further.

"Wait." I managed to speak out as I shifted my attention back to him, surveying the smirk dancing all over his lips

"Take your time."

I then furrowed my brows, my senses finally coming into play.

"Was it you this entire time!?" I snarled in pure shock as I stared at him daringly.

His smirk only widened at my question and I kicked him on his thigh before pushing myself out of the trunk.

"Are you out of your mind!? Did you really just kidnap me, tie me up, shove me into your trunk and drive all the way here!? What was the purpose!?" I yelled in fury, my fingers curling up into a fist.

Unfazed by my heated energy, he casually pointed behind him. "This was my purpose."

I furrowed my brows as I surveyed my surroundings.

A carnival.

I was already getting looks for my behaviours as the crowd kept passing by. Sighing in annoyance, I turn my attention to Shane once again.
"You kidnapped me to a carnival?"

Shane chuckled before leaning against the jeep and folding his hands in front of his chest. "This place looks fun doesn't it?"

"Are you trying to tell me that you did all of this just so you could take me on a date to a carnival?" I asked provokingly, my heated glare shooting daggers into his soul.

If it wasn't for the crowd passing by I would have attacked him like a lion.

"Yes." Was all he responded with, leaning against the vehicle in a rather serene manner.

"Why a carnival?" I questioned as I stared at the ferris wheel in far distance.

Shane definitely seemed like the type that would perhaps take a woman to a
sophisticating restaurant for a date rather than a carnival.

"Analysing your childish personality and the amount of cheesy movies you watch, I assumed a carnival would be a good place to take you to." He answered effortlessly and I rolled my eyes in response, blowing air out of my cheeks.

As much as I hated to admit it, he was right. I loved carnivals and always dragged Katie to go with me.

"You are wrong. I hate carnivals." I lied as I scrunched my nose to show lack of interest. Shane only laughed at my response which made me immediately look away to hide the hint of red forming on my cheeks.

"How did you even know how and when to get me?" I then asked. Never had I mentioned anything about my work to him and I had always assumed he had no idea what my job even was.

Shane smiled, tilting his head sideways as he answered, "The person that your friend, Katherine, was speaking to as you left work wasn't her boyfriend but me."

My jaw dropped as I gaped at him in disbelief.

That bitch. I'll catch her tomorrow.

"Her name is Katie." I corrected him with gritted teeth before looking away and trying to calm myself down.

Shane laughed, only fueling my anger further.

"Yeah that. So shall we?"

I snickered in response as I averted my gaze back to him "It's funny you thought I'd actually go to that carnival with you after you drove me all the way here, tied up in your damn trunk."