Chapter 25

Song for the chapter- Moral of the story by Ashe

Flashback

7 years ago

I smiled exuberantly at the faint clinking sound resonating through the front of my house. Grabbing my denim jacket and tucking my bare hands into its sleeves, I hurried out of the house and down to the garage, grabbing my bicycle out of it. 

Positioning myself on top of it's seat, I raced towards the gate, catching sight of my best friend waiting impatiently for my arrival like every other school days. 

I glanced at our bodyguard, Dylan, smiling brightly at him as I made my exit out of the house. "Good morning, Tamara!" Dylan waved.

"Good morning, Dylan!" I hollered back as I overtook Katie with her racing behind me. 

"Someone seems to be in a good mood today." Katie commented as she rode behind me. I giggled in response, the strong breeze that hit my face calming my nerves as we raced to school.

How could I not be? After many days life has finally started to bring back its pieces together. I didn't feel lost anymore, everything was finally coming back to place. For the first time in a very long time I have hope, a silver lining.

Jace. He was my silver lining.

I felt like I was floating with happiness just at the thought of his name. He was everything I never thought I was worthy of having and honestly it all still felt like a dream. 

We parked our bicycles and locked it in place before pulling our helmets out. Immediately heart began to beat harder, anxiety building up in my nerves with what was yet to come. Katie placed her hand on shoulder, pulling me out of my sudden array of thoughts. 

"Tammy, what's wrong?" She queried. 

Taking in a deep breath to calm my nerves, I looked at her with an assuring smile. "Jace doesn't want to keep our relationship a secret anymore, He wants to make it public today." I explained, anxiously fiddling with the sleeve of my jacket. 

"Wow." Katie breathed out, trying to digest in what I just said. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She then asked hesitantly.

"I think so. why?"

"Diana and the others." 

I clenched my hand into a fist to stop my fingers from quivering. Katie was right, I have been thinking about it all night. "He said he will handle it." I assured convincingly as I inhaled sharply.

 Noticing the feeling of horror that was currently running in my system, Katie stepped forward, engulfing me into a warm comforting hug. "As long as you are happy."

Resting my head on her shoulder, I felt my body slowly begin to ease. "Thank you Katie, I needed this." 

"Come on, we need to get going." Katie encouraged, removing herself from the hug and extending her hand toward me. I beamed happily, placing my hand into hers as she dragged me supportively into one of the many places that I consider a hell hole.