Chapter 14

Thank you so damn much for 1.1k+ reads.

"I'm seriously in love with the rugs in this place."

After a couple days of Katie's insufferable whinings, I have agreed to show her around the beautiful hellhole the devil and me live in.

I chuckled as I glanced at the soft fluffy white rug near our feet before turning my attentiveness back to her.

My brows raised ever so slightly as I took in the bewildered expression that glazed over her face.

Taking note on where her gaze rested on, I looked at my right.

Shane stood in front of the refrigerator with it's door open, wearing only a pair of grey knee-length shorts. He leaned forward and grabbed a red apple before closing the door to the refrigerator.

I watched him as he effortlessly tossed the fruit up in the air and caught it with just one hand. He glanced at me absentmindedly for a split second and halted on his steps as soon as he noticed the person standing right beside me.

He casually glanced between the two of us for a couple seconds and cleared his throat, thankfully gaining my full consciousness.

I smiled awkwardly as I scratched the back of my neck. "Shane, this is Katie, my bestfriend."

He nodded, a smile immediately gracing his lips as he extended his hand towards her.

"Nice to meet you, Katie."

When I noticed Katie wasn't showing any response, I glanced at her only to find her ogling at him with her jaw shamelessly open. The only missing factor was a drool.

It was probably because of the fact that all his toned muscles including his abs were in fully display. I know this doesn't make sense but if I wasn't engaged to him and trapped in his den with him, I would have been speechless too.

I pinched her elbow and she gasped, coming back to her senses as she extended hand to him.

It felt like forever as they shook their hands awkwardly. Shane gave me a look and I realised Katie wasn't letting go.

It was like she was trapped in her own daze.

The level of cringiness.

I rolled my eyes and pulled her hand back. Shane took a step back as his lips again turned into a smile.

"Please make yourself at home." He then said, bringing the apple to his mouth and taking a bite before walking his way back upstairs.

As soon as he was out of our radar, I glanced at Katie. She stood still, not a single muscle moving while her jaw hung open.

I cleared my throat but she still remained unfazed.

"Katie!"

Her eyes finally began to blink as she looked at me for a split second and then back at where Shane was once was.

"Did you just see that?" She breathed out.

"You practically embarassing yourself in front of him? oh, yes I did." I rolled my eyes playfully as I plopped myself onto the couch.

Ignoring my comment, Katie continued to gaze at where Shane once was with her jaw vaguely open.

"Did you just see the way he ate that apple?"

My nose crinkled upwards as I looked at her.

"With his mouth?"

Katie chuckled before taking a seat in the arm chair beside the couch. "In regard of how much you have spoken ill of him, I was expecting him to be quiet the opposite of that."