Chapter 16

Flashback

7 years ago.

Staring outside the car window, I played with the hem of the oversized jacket. A smile graced over my lips as I pulled the jacket closer toward my small frame, inhaling the strong masculine scent.

I felt my heart drop gradually as the gate to my house came into view. I didn't want this to end.

Jace parked his car infront of the gates, before glancing at me. "I guess our night has to come an end."

I smiled full-heartedly, my cheeks turning pink as I brought my fingers toward the zip of his jacket to tug it down.

"Don't." He stopped me, grabbing my hand and lacing our fingers together before dropping our hands on my lap. "Keep it."

"But-"

What he said next made me feel like I was on top of the moon.

"It looks better on you." He said, cutting me off as he smiled, his dimple coming into view.

Their is a first time for everything and today is my first date ever. Jace is what you would call the bad boy in school. Almost every girl wants to be with him and almost every boy wants to be him.
Personally, I never was a fan. Don't take me wrong, It's not that I didn't like him, but it's not like I was ever fond of him either.

But since the past few months the way I've felt for him has changed. Jace had started to find a liking towards me, always wanting talk or tease and he may have offered to drop me home around ten times the past month. Now, after weeks of him running behind my tail, always asking to take me on a date, I decided to go with my gut feeling and say yes.

And I have never felt this happy my entire life.

"Thanks for tonight. I had a great time." I said shyly as I stared at our hands that fit so perfectly together.

Jace cleared his throat and I glanced up at him. His dirty blonde hair was slightly messy, a few strands resting on his forehead while his emerald eyes bore into my brown ones. "I really like you, Tamara, and I don't think I can ever get enough of you."

I blushed, my face possible looking like a beetroot. "I really like you too, Jace."

Jace smiled, letting out a deep breath as though a tension has been cut off, giving my hand a soft squeeze. It felt like an entire zoo inside my stomach as I glanced at my house and back at him, tugging hair behind my ear nervously.

"Goodnight." I said before unbuckling the seat belt and swinging the car door open.

"Goodnight."

My hand felt empty as I closed door to the vehicle and walked slowly toward my home. My head hung long as I stared at my hand, a smile creeping onto my lips as I remembered the feeling of his hand in mine.

Letting out a sigh, my hands grasped onto the black railing to push open the gate.

"Tamara!"

Turning around, I looked at Jace, completely baffled.

He closed the door to his side before walking a few steps forward, towards me.

"What's wrong? Did I forget something?" I asked with a puzzled expression as I tried to survey what was on his mind.

A smile tugged onto his lips before he sighed, walking toward me again but this time in a faster pace.