Chapter 29

"Shane-"

My words were cut short and it felt like my heart stopped at the sight before me.

There he was, standing in front of his desk, with everlyn seated on the edge of it, a seductive giggle escaping her lips as her hands rested on his arm.

Noticing my presence at the door, Everlyn pulled her hand away as though it was on fire. Her eyes widened for a split second before she regained her posture, marrying her caked features with a newly found pride.

Sauntering her way past me, her hips swayed leisurely as she eyed my rigid posture. I felt a little pinch in my palm and I looked down only to realise I have been clenching my fist harshly.

It felt like a messed up déjàvu as memories from my past that I have forced myself to bury deep within began to bombard into my head.

Everlyn smirked, not saying a word before making her way out of the door and I felt myself internally shake at the sound of it closing behind me.

"Looking for me?"

I glanced back at Shane who watched me as he stood behind his desk. Letting out a breath that I didn't realise I was holding, I felt a stinging pain in my chest as I tried to collect everything that just happened.

Shane tilted his head with his brows squinted, analyzing my foreign behaviour. "Is everything okay?"

Regainig my posture, I scowled at his choice of words as I stomped towards him, every movement getting harsher by each step. "How could you?!"

"How could I what?"

I gaped at his question, my blood only fueling further with anger.

"Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think I didn't see what just happened?" I snarled accusingly.

The only muscles that moved were in his face as he furrowed at my words. "Tamara-"

"Don't T-tamara me!" I scowled, my voice breaking in the process.

His emotion changed within a second, his jaw sharpening and the blue in his eyes darkening dangerously in vexation. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I tugged my fingers against my hair.

"This f-feel like history repeating all over again." I breathed out as I shook my head in disbelief.

I noticed an emotion shift within his eyes at my words. Shane took a step forward suggestively and I stepped back, shaking my head vigorously at him.

"Tamara, hear me out. It's not what it looked like-"

I interrupted him as I took a step forward, too furious to even listen to him speak.

"If your plan is to ruin me then I'm really sorry to break it to you but I've already been ruined and there's no more ruining left in me." I voiced out weakly, my tone wearing by eack passing second.

I felt my cheeks dampen with tears that I had failed to notice the whole while. I sniffled before briskly wiping my cheeks dry with the back of my hand.

Gosh Tamara, Why on earth are you crying?

I felt a soft tug at my hand as he pulled me towards him. "Please, just listen to me-"

I yanked my hand out of his hold and stepped back. My head was too clouded with my own thoughts that I failed to even process what was happening or how to even respond.

"I am a joke to you aren't I? Just like I am for everyone else? For once in my life I actually thought someone felt something real for me. I can't.....I can't believe I actually fell for your act. I should have- I should have known you were just like the others."