Chapter 24

Tamara's POV

Stirring in my sleep, I opened my eyes but abruptly squinted them close, an unbearable ache ringing inside my head.

My eyelids felt heavy as I stared at the white in my view. Letting out a groan, I pushed myself up at the nauseated feeling building up in my gut. Trying to pry my tired eyes wider, I surveyed my surrounding, everything seeming a bit too familiar to my liking.

I stared at the blurred silhouette entering the space, closing the door behind him.

I squinted my eyes shut due to the ache burning inside my head. My eyelids hurt as I opened them once again, the silhouette taking a few steps toward me. I heaved in a sharp breath as I studied the now clear appearance in front of me. There he stood in his basketball shorts and bare torso with my mug held in his hand

"Someone's finally awake," Shane chirped, setting the steaming hot tea on the bedside table. "I've kept aspirin and a glass of water as I knew very well you would be needing that and from what I am seeing, you need it more than I thought you would."

I glanced at the medicine and the glass of water sitting on the bedside table. "The faster you take them, the better. You can have your tea after, might ease-"

"How am I here?" I questioned rather rudely, interrupting as I once again rest my gaze on him. 

"Your friend called me last night. She seemed worried so I searched for you in almost every club in town until I found you and then brought you home." Shane explained assuringly. 

I got out of the bed and fixed my little dress as I pulled it down. 

"Did I ask you to bring me here?"

 The very moment the question escaped my lips his smile immediately dropped.  

"Tamara-"

 " First of all, what I do with my life is none of your business. Second, this is not my home." I corrected stubbornly and watched him as his jaw slowly clenched and the emotion in his eyes changed, The blue in his eyes turning a shade darker.

"I was just concerned because you had no one with you." He explained patiently as he watched my every movement.

I sighed out loud, my fingers tugging harshly at my knotted hair with fury. "Why can't you just  leave me alone?"

I tried to hold myself straight on the ground as I stood, my head feeling like its about to blast from the hangover. "I think you need to take the asprin." Shane suggested with concern as he observed my movements, ignoring my words from just a minute ago. 

I took a step back stubbornly "Aren't you listening to me?! leave me alone. Please." I now pleaded, my eyes filled with tears and my body shaking weakly. 

Shane inhaled a sharp breath and took a step back himself. "Okay." 

Rubbing my fingers gently across my temple in order to ease myself from my headache, I sniffled. "Everything was going fine in my life until you came along." 

"Until I came along?" Shane questioned through gritted teeth, losing his cool as he took a step toward me. I stared at him wide eyed, a little taken back from his new found energy.

"Tamara tell me. Until I came along?" He questioned once again, the blood in him fueling with pure anger with ever passing second.

"Yes." I affirmed, straightening my posture as I stared straight into him. It was like I watching whole different person in front of me, the cheerful Shane was no longer visible in his ocean blue eyes.

His hands clenched into a fist, his gaze shooting daggers into my soul as he stared at me with disappointment. "Answer me, am I the one who came up with the proposal?"

Shane took another step forward and I stepped back in fear, the hangover bringing the worst out of me. "Am I holding a gun against your head and forcing you to live under the same roof with me and marry me?" He then asked.

Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I looked away hesitantly.  Shane sighed in frustration, running his fingers messily through his hair as he tried to ease his nerves which didn't seem to do the job well. At least for the moment.

"Am I?" He questioned again, pain evident in his voice as he looked down in exasperation.

"J-just stop" I croaked out, my voice sounding hoarse as I used all my courage to speak, my hands clenching into a fist due to the various emotions scurrying into my throbbing head. 

We were now only one feet apart, anger radiating out of his body, his breath heavy. 

"You treat me like I'm the bad guy but do you want to know what the actual truth is?" Shane asked, taking another step toward me. 

"Shane. Stop." I pleaded as I shook my head at him, not ready to hear whatever it was that he had to say. 

"The truth is that daddy's little princess is too scared to say no to her father."

My lips quivered as I gasped in defeat. And it happened. The whole facade that I had built up around me, it all slowly began to crumble down. The tears began to brim down my cheeks as I stared at him in defeat. I watched him as the emotions in his eyes slowly softened.

"Tamara." He whispered softy. Shaking my head I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand before sprinting out of the room. I could hear him call out my name as I reached my room and locked myself out.

I whimpered as I let it all out, falling onto my knees and crying into my palms. I was hurt for I have shown him a side of me I never wanted anyone to see.

But most importantly, because I knew he was right.