Chapter 15

I gazed at the cobblestones on the street, the moonlight illuminating it's surfaces.

My fingers graced over the material of my dress as I sat in the limousine, opposite to Shane. I was wearing a sleeveless black sequins dress with a slit starting from my right mid-thigh.

Today is our engagement party. Yes you read it right. Apparently, both the families thought it would be a fantastic idea to invite a whole crowd and celebrate our engagement with them.

How lovely.

Glancing down, I played with the ring on my finger. The stones around the diamind glinting whenever light shined upon it.

The vehicle unexpectedly bounced and I hit my head on the headrest, resulting in my hair bun loosening up.

Letting out a groan, I brought both my hands to my head as I attempting to tighten my hair. Not a second passed and the vehicle passed through a hump.

Due to the lack of support my body jerk forward, landing right on top of Shane.

It felt like my heart was about to fall out of my ribs at the sudden proximity. My legs were on either of his sides while my hands were beside his head, my body straddling his.

I stared into his blue eyes, the moonlight vaguely reflecting through it. It felt like I was trapped in a trance, his eyes looked like two pools of clear water at midnight with only a small source of light illuminating through them.

I came back to my senses when I felt his fingers gently tug at my hair.

"What are you-"

Before I could conclude my sentence, my dark hair cascaded down freely, a couple strands fall in front of me, like a curtain in between our faces.

A smile soon tugged on his lips as he skimmed my face.

"Better."

My heart began to thump harder and I pushed myself away from him and back to my seat.

I had to sit for half an hour until the hairstylist got that bun right.

Quickly looking away, I nibbled at the bottom of my lip, silently praying that the darkness has disguised the red tint that has unexpectedly blemished my cheeks.

Stepping out of the vehicle, we walked side by side into the large ivory building.

The only sound echoing inside the lobby, was my five-inched heels clicking against the ground. I could feel goosebumps rise on my skin, my muscles tensing as we stood in front of the large black velvet double door.

Taking a step forward, Shane wrapped his fingers around the metal handle before setting his gaze on me.

"Ready?" He asked, and anyone could sense his sincerity from a mile away. I felt a lump steadily rise in my throat, the speed of the beating of my heart vividly increasing.

My eyes fluttered as I stared at him before I harshly looked away. I could hear him sigh beside me before slowly opening the door, allowing me to enter first.

Oh, what a gentleman. I am so effing flattered.

I walked inside and all eyes were on me. The entire crowd dressed sophisticatedly, a glass of white wine held in almost each hand.

Anxiety was taking over my entire body, I could feel my mind turn hazy and my knees were begging to buckle in fear.

I hate people.

I am not really known to be claustrophobic, but now I am starting to thinking that I actually am.

Maybe running back outside isn't a bad idea anymore.