Chapter 28

Putting on the oven mitts, I pulled the oven open before grabbing the tray of freshly baked cupcakes and placing it on the counter.

I removed the mitts and smiled with satisfactory, the sweet smell hitting my nose as I began to apply blue icing onto each cupcake.

Today, both the families decided it would be a fine idea to have lunch at Shane's. So here I am preparing some cupcakes for dessert. Well, only because I needed an excuse to not interact with the species that were currently in the house.

My peaceful environment was soon interrupted when the little boy chose to hop into the kitchen gleefully.

"I love cupcakes!" Ethan exclaimed with delight as he placed his hands on the island, his eyes doubling in size as he admired them.

I grinned as I spared a glance at him. "Hey kiddo." I greeted as I continued to apply the icing.

"Can I try?" Ethan then asked, extending his hand towards the icing cone.

"Sure." I permitted as I handed the icing over to him which he accepted excitedly.

"Okay now hold it steadily and slowly press onto it as you swirl your hand around the top of the cupcake." I instructed and he nodded in concentration.

"Got it." He muttered to himself as he squinted his eyes further and pressed onto the icing cone. Not to my surprise, the icing barely made it's way to cupcake and instead oozed onto his little hands.

I bit my lip hard as I stifled a laugh. Ethan glanced at his now blue hands with discomfort before dropping the icing cone on top of the island.

"You can go wash your hands." I suggested, a giggle now escaping my lips.

Nodding his head briskly, he ran to the sink and began to rinse the sticky icing off his fingers. Wiping his hands, he waltzed back casually before plopping himself on a seat.

"I think I prefer eating them more." He claimed as he admired the cupcakes, only make the grin plastered on my face widen in length.

"Why don't you have the first one?" I offered as I picked up a cupcake and placed it on his hand. The little pout on his face immediately turned into a smile as he accepted it joyously and took in a huge bite, making his eyes pop.

"It tastes so good!" He complimented as he savoured the delicacy.

Placing the icing cone back onto the island, I picked up a cupcake myself and took in a bite, satisfying a little hunger in my stomach that I didnt know I had.

"Yes, it is." I nodded with pride, a smile gracing onto my lips as I did so.

"Tamara."

My body stiffened at the sound of my father's voice. Glancing at him wide eyed, I didn't say a word as I tried to gain back my strength.

"Do you know where Shane is? I can't seem to find him."

Of course. That's why you wanted to talk.

Yes, I'm doing good Dad. Thanks for asking.

"I'll go look for him." I assured, my voice coming out drier than I expected it to.

"Good." Was all he said before turning around and walking out of the space, not even bothering to spare another glance.

Letting out a sigh, I finished the half eaten cupcake before dusting the crumbles off my hand.

"I'll be back kiddo." I affirmed as I ruffled with Ethan's hair, earning in a giggle in exchange before making my way out of the kitchen.

I attempted to rush my way up the stairs, not wanting to converse with any of the so called 'adults.' Amending my way towards Shane's room, I knocked on the door and opened it when there was no response. Scanning my eyes across the room, sighed in annoyance at the fact that I had to continue with my little search.

If not in his room, he has to be in his office.

Walking down the corridor, I reached for the door to his office, twisting its knob before opening it wide.

"Shane-"

My words were cut short and it felt like my heart stopped at the sight before me.

There he was, standing in front of his desk, with everlyn seated on the edge of it, a seductive giggle escaping her lips as her hands rested on his arm.

___________________

Get ready for the next chapter :O Will be updated soon!