Chapter 9

We were now seated in the dining table. I leaned forward, grabbing a spoon of chocolate mousse.

Taking in the dessert, I observed Tamara's sister, Everlyn.

"Why did you choose this when you could have that?" Tamara's words from the first time we spoke rang inside my head.

I leaned my back against the chair, my eyes not leaving Everlyn. I then glanced at Rose, at Everlyn and again at Tamara.

"This is like choosing a cactus over flowers."

My brows furrowed while I took in another spoon of the mousse.

I don't see why she thinks so low of herself.

Yes, Everlyn is beautiful. Like Rose says, very beautiful.

But Tamara,

Tamara is breathtaking.

I looked down, my eyes catching it's attention on her strapped silver heels. She was sitting with one leg resting on the other.

My gaze slowly lifted, from her ankle to her calves. I grabbed a spoonful of the chocolate mousse as I continued to daze at her legs. I am a man, alright? what do you expect?

Guilty as charged.

I had a sudden urge to brush my fingers across them but controlled myself. I didn't even have to touch her legs to know they were smooth.

Well, if I did so, I am pretty sure Rose would break each and every finger.

Or should I say,

This cactus will make sure all my fingers get pricked.

"Shane, dear, did you like the mousse? I made it all by myself." Tamara's mother spoke in pride as she watched me curisously, a huge smile gracing over her lips.

"Yes, I loved it. It's good." I assured, giving her a big smile.

I cleared my throat, leaning closer to Rose as she sat by me. A smirk played on my lips while I whispered.

"So soft."

Tamara was busy eating her share of the chocolate mousse. Her brows furrowed, probably at the thought to why I had spoken in a way only she could hear.

A couple seconds passed and the bulb in her head finally clicked.

Tamara's jaw dropped And she turned toward me, her eyes shooting daggers as she glared, making me force myself to bite my lip in order to hold in the laughter that was about to pop out.

The next second, she grabbed the coat of my suit, roughly pulling me closer. I blinked dumbfounded, staring back at her while she glowered.

"Listen, twat waffle," She hissed,

"You say you are not easy to handle but remember, I am the worst. I don't like you, not even one single bit,"

All eyes were now on us. Thankfully only I could hear what she was saying so brusquely.

This girl already got in trouble with her father moments back.

I looked at the others and then back at Tamara, trying to give her a signal.

"Say one more thing like that to me or about me and I will kick you so harshly on your balls that you won't be able to have any childr-"

Tamara stopped half-way, looking at me with a puzzled expression. "What?"

She then looked at her surroundings, her eyes almost popping out as she realised all eyes were on her.

Tamara hitched, her grip on my coat loosening in a flash.

She quickly faked a smile, adjusting my coat and patting me on my chest. She then leaned toward my shoulder, resting her head on me for a second as she faked a giggle before leaning forward, filling her mouth with the chocolate mousse, her eyes narrowing as though trying to concentrate on the dessert.

Everyone went back to whatever they were doing, all busy with their own conversations.

I felt a faint noise beside me. I glanced at Tamara, leaning forward to get a glimpse of what she was murmuring under her breath.

When realisation struck me, my brows raised and I leaned my back against chair.

This woman was murmuring a whole list of cuss words.

A few words that I am pretty sure were not even english.