Chapter 5

Shane's POV

"Please, take a seat." She said with a tight smile. I nodded, adjusting my tie before sitting down on a settee.

The room was open but small compared to the other living room. The floor was made of carpet and there was a fireplace on the wall opposite to the settee I was seated on.

I turned my attention to the girl, my brows slightly furrowing in confusion. Wasn't she going to sit?

She was pacing across the room, one side to the other, her heels making blunt clicks on the large rug as she did so. I watched her while her lips moved, as though mumbling something under her breath, talking to herself. Her brows were furrowed and a scowl was plastered on her face.

After seconds of holding back, a smile triumphed on my face. It was cute, the way her nose slightly crinkled up in deep thought, the scowl continuing to play on her face while she took long strides as she walked.

All of a sudden, she stopped and I wiped the smile off my face, pretending to look as neutral as possible. She turned around, losing control and raising her hands dramatically as she spoke.

"Are you serious?!"

I didn't say anything, instead I observed her, trying to understand her approach. Tamara blew out air from her cheeks. "Why did you choose this?" She asked, her hand pointing at herself, she then lifted it, pointing it outside the room. "When you could have that?"

"This is like choosing a cactus over flowers." She continued, her gaze falling to the floor as she spoke through gritted teeth.

She looked up, her eyes meeting mine again. "Trust me Mister, you don't want this, you still have time so just go and put this ring on my sister's finger," She commanded, her index finger pointing toward the ring on her finger.

"I'm not the wife material type of person but Everlyn, Everlyn can be."

She lifted her hands, pulling at her hair before walking a few steps forward.

"Just so you know, there is a thing called talking." Tamara grumbled, the scowl still plastered on her face while her hands now resting on her hips.

She's worse than my mother.

I couldn't help but let a cheeky smirk slide on my face. I cocked my head to the right, raising a brow.

"Is there?"

I watched her while her mouth started to move again, cursing silently under her breath. She glanced at the ceiling, rolling her eyes as she exhaled.

She was endeavouring to look intimidating, but to me it made her look nothing but sexy. Those harsh glares she keeps shooting at me only gives me unwanted intentions.

"Listen to me, Mr. Turford, you still have plenty of time so just go and put the damn ring on my sister's finger." She scowled, sounding more demanding than before as she pointed again at the ring on her finger.

"Or else." She continued, a smirk now playing on her face while she slightly bent forward, her hands resting on her knees so our faces were more level with each other.

"All hell will break loose."

Tamara's POV

I leaned the side of my head against the wall, my hands resting on it as I slightly peeped into the hall.

The night has finally come to an end and now they were all leaving. Shane stopped at his steps and turned around. "Mr. Quintenn."

"Yes, Shane?" Dad asked and I was over the moon, my feet not steady while I watched them in anticipation.

Yes, yes, yes! Say it, say it, say it!

He walked a few steps forward, a smile gracing his lips. "Good night." was all he said before hugging Dad.

That's all?

My jaw fell open as I gawked at the two. He's not going to change his decision, is he? After everything I told him?

"By the way, call me Oliver, I don't want formalities." Dad corrected with pride, slightly patting him on his back.

Shane looked up, his eyes directly meeting mine. His smile only grew wider, his teeth coming into view. He pulled away from the hug, turning his attention back to Dad.

"Yes, Oliver."

The anger inside of me only boiled further. He did that on purpose.

I watched him as he walked out, my eyes shooting imaginary daggers into his soul. I quickly jogged up the stairs and into my room, shutting the door harshly before kicking my heels off my feet.

I let out a groan, leaning my back against the door.

"Bastard."