Chapter 36

Double update, once again. Enjoy!

_____________________

"I'll give you one chance."

I watched him as the features on his face brightened at my words, resulting in something very weird happening and the pit of my stomach. His lips slowly lifted into a cheeky smile.  Satisfaction soon filled in his blue eyes, the moonlight reflected through them as he stared back at me.

I stepped aside awkwardly, indicating him to initiate the journey. His entire demeanour brightened as he removed his hand from the pocket of his jeans and strode towards the vibrant festival with me tagging along beside him.

I couldn't help but smile gleefully at the activities taking place around me as I waited for Shane to purchase the tickets.

I looked back at him as I analysed what he wore. Unlike the usual suits I would see him in when he's out of the house, which he always looked dashing in, today he had sport a plain black T-shirt along with dark grey jeans and black boots.

I had failed to notice it moments before due to my frustration but now that I did, it only made my stomach feel more giddy. I shamelessy watched his biceps flex as he shoved the tickets carelessly into his deni pocket as he casually strode toward me with his strong legs.

Damn was he hot.

"Ready?" He asked, oblivious to the little sneaky deed I just committed.

I nodded my head before clearing my throat in attempt to voice out.

"Yep." I affirmed, slightly twirling on my feet due to the sudden anxiety that had rushed in.

Shane looked around and I noticed how tired his eyes looked despite the amount of energy he was trying to put into place. He had come from work too after all and he's usually tensed whenever he comes back home from work.

And yet he decided to make effort for me.

I smiled at the thought of it but it soon dropped when I realised that Shane was looking down at me with perplexity. Noticing that I had zoned out, Shane raised a questioning brow.

"I asked where would you like to go first?" He then asked for what seemed like the second time.

My lips formed an 'o' as I surveyed my surroundings. Unknowingly, I then fiddled with the hem of my long sleeved shirt as I furrowed my brows at my lack of decision.

"Cactus," I looked back at Shane, encouraging him to continue. Shane exhaled sharply with exhaustion, "You are cheating on your words."

"Huh?" I then blurted out as I stared at him dumbfoundedly, his words not making sense to me.

Shane sighed once as he stepped toward me and placed his hands on the side of my shoulders, giving them a squeeze. I almost fainted at that point, my knees feeling wobbly at the sudden contact. Only if he knew how badly his actions happened to affect me.

And I hated myself for feeling that way.

"I need a chance and for that I need you to put aside this facade that you have created around yourself to block yourself from everyone." He explained as he rotated his index finger sedately in front of my face.

I pursed my lips together, my anxiety only rising as I tried to consider his request. Shane took another step forward as though we already weren't close enough. He lowered his hand and placed his index finger under chin while using his thumb to pull my face close to his.