Chapter 37

Our hands remained intertwined as the cabin came to hault near the platform. They open the door to it and Shane got out, guiding me with him while we continued to hold hands.

I gasped with excitement at what I saw in the far distance in front of us. "Come, let's go get cotton candy." I hurried as I pulled him with me.

I felt like a little kid while I waited for Shane to get me the cotton candy as he strongly didnt let me use a single penny for anything.

"Thank you." I beamed as I took the pink cotton candy and devoured the taste of sugar in my mouth.

But my heart immediately sank when I realised I wasn't holding his hand anymore.

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the cotton candy.

Shane seemed to have surprisingly notice it as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rubbed it. "There." He said, his rough voice and the musky scent of his perfume taking my soul all the way to heaven.

I've never felt this happy for a very long time. I guess I'm glad Shane kidnapped me after all. He was right. I wouldn't have agreed if he hadn't forced me into this place. And I internally thanked Katie for supporting him with all of this. I know she suggested the whole idea of taking me to a carnival and I couldn't be more grateful. After all she always knew exactly what I needed.

My life would be so hopeless if it wasn't for her sticking by me almost my entire life.

"If I ask you something can you answer it to me with honesty?" I asked as I continued to eat the sugar candy.

Shane hummed, encouraging me to continue. "Do you even generally enjoy carnivals"

Shane chuckled, "Honestly, I usually don't. Well atleast usually I don't engage in myself in such things to know if I would. But I do enjoy doing this things with with you."

I retreated back as I looked at him with curiosity. "Why is that?"

Shane shrugged,"I like having you around. It's nice when I know you are having a good time with me. You are like a kitten, even the little things you do catches my interest."

I stiffled a laugh. "Did you just compare me to a kitten."

Shane smirked as he reached forward and intertwined his fingers with mine. Licking the sweet taste of cotton candy off my lips, I threw the stick into the garbage, my fingers still intertwined with his.

I heard a giggle to my side and I turned to look at its source. There were four girls that were whispering things to each other as they blatantly ogling at Shane. They seemed to be in their early twenties. Probably around my age.

I smiled and leaned towards Shane before whispering. "Those girls in the back are checking you out."

Shane gave me a questioning look before looking ahead again, not even bothering to look back at the girls I was indicating at.

"Aren't you going to look?" I asked, muddled by his lack of reaction.

Shane rolled his eyes at my question and leaned toward my ear before whispering. "All I care about is you checking me out, not them."

"I-I didn't check you out." I stuttered, feeling flustered at the amount of attention he was giving me.

Shane laughed at my statement. "Tinker, I caught you checking me out atleast five times today."

"Oh my God." I gushed as I tried to cover my cheeks with my hands. This is embarassing.

"Can I tell you a little secret?" He then asked as he leaned forward again, "Every time you ogle at me when at home, I notice that too."