Chapter 2

Shane's POV

My fingers drummed impatiently against the steering wheel. Shifting my gaze, I lost focus as I caught sight of the woman promenading towards my vehicle. 

Titanium blonde hair cascaded down her shoulders and the beige floral dress she wore complimented her porcelain skin . The woman knows her fashion. 

Dad was right. She was beautiful.

Getting out of my vehicle I made my way toward her. She smiled warmly, excitement radiating in her body language. Returning the smile I opened the door for her which she appreciated, nodding a thank you before getting in. 

Half an hour later, we were now seated across each other in one of New York's finest restaurant. Everlyn seemed to enjoy her night as she admired the interior.

"Do uou like it?" I asked as I observed her excitement.

With the breathtaking views of the city scape and the luxurious hospitality, anyone is bound to like it. 

She smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear before straightening her posture as she sat. "No, I love it."

Tamara's POV

"Are you planning on going in any soon?" Katie asked.

I peered at the mansion to our right, my house. Sipping on my sprite can, I leaned my back against the car seat with my grey hoodie resting down my head.

"Dad wants to get Everlyn married to this rich man so we can save ourselves from our financial crisis. Today was their first date he practically forcefully invited them both over so he cant try make the situation seem more serious. Definitely a bad idea but oh well." I explained, A sigh escaping my lips as I did so.

"Really? But doesn't Everlyn have a boyfriend?" Katie asked, taking a huge bite from her taco. A sly smirk triumphed on my face while I looked at Katie, shrugging my shoulders. "Her plan is to break up with him once they confirm"

"What a gold digger." Katie laughed as she sat on the driver's seat. Her body soon froze and she looked at me with pursed lips. "I'm sorry I didn't me-"

I held my hand in front of her, a snicker escaping lips. "Oh no, don't be, I cannot agree more."

"I've got to go." I continued, getting out of the car and chucking the can into the dustbin right next to the gate.

"See you around, bitch!" I looked back at Katie with a grin, sending her a salute in response.

I smiled brightly at the guard and nodded in acknowledgment. "Good evening miss "

"Good evening Dylan."

I ambled all the way inside the house. As I walked past the hall, I heard the faint chit chatter from the living area and knew exactly what was happening.

I hunched slightly and tip toed as I passed the section, not wanting my presence to be noticed.

Just a little bit more and you can relax in your room, Tamara.

"Tamara!"

I paused on my steps and hitched under my breath. Raising my
hunched figure, I turned around, a vacant expression marring the features in my face.

Mom was sitting on the setty, her torso turned 90° just so she could look up at me. "Come on, Join in." She invited excitedly. Well, with fake excitement ofcourse.

Thank you, Mom.

I led out a sigh, mentally rolling my eyes while I pulled the hoodie from my head to the back of my shoulders and walked inside, taking a seat.

Mom cleared her throat glowering at my father as she beckoned her head toward me.

"Oliver?"

It's only been a few days since Katie and I came back home to settle after finishing our 5 year degree in ArchItecture, However Dad's opinion still hasn't changed the slightest.

Dad looked up at me in discomfort as he straightened his posture. "Oh y-yes, umm," He continued, "Shane, meet my other daughter, Tamara."

I looked up at the figure sitting opposite to me, lounged on the sofa next to Everlyn. pursing my lips together, I took in his appearance.

He has dark brown hair, so dark it almost looks black. His eyes are a dreamy blue, the few strands of his hair resting messily on the very side of his forehead enhancing them further. His body is well-built, not too much but not too little at the same time. His skin tone isn't pale but isn't tan either, more like somewhere in between. In short, he was definitely one of the most handsome man I have ever laid my eyes on.

Honestly, I was expecting a man in his late thirties. This beautiful being over here is much younger to be called one of the greatest billionaire's of New york. 

Definitely a perfect match for Everlyn.

I faked a smile a bit too wide than required and watched his eyes lighten in amusement as he watched me intensely, a smile not being returned. I looked a sigh escaping my lips as I was already beginning to feel too bored to be in this particular gathering.

I wonder how their marriage is going to end up like. Everlyn with her Gucci bags and him with his mistresses.

The conversations continued but I paid no heed. Lacing onto my own little bubble of thought,  I found my fingers lingering onto the string of my hoodie, fiddling with it aimlessly. 

"So Shane, what is your opinion on marriage?" Mom asked desperately.

Shane.

I noticed how blue his eyes were. They were a moderate shade with a hint of misty grey around the iris. Quite long lashes protected his eyes, making me envy him profusely.

He licked his lips, diverting his gaze to my mother before he spoke.

"Marriage holds a deep meaning to me. I don't take the topic lightly, If I were to marry I would make sure I kept my vows till the very end."

I scoffed in reflux and it felt like my heart beat paused at the fear of my father noticing my sudden behaviour which fortunately, he didnt. Looking away I realised that the right person indeed did. A smirk made its way to my lips as I stared at the handsome man daringly.

What bullshit.