Chapter 10

Tamara's POV

Flashback

I jumped at the sound of my locker door slamming in front of me.

I glanced at the source, gulping before taking a step back. My back hit something hard and I looked behind, My eyes fluttering and goosebumps rising on my skin.

The two boys sniggered, staring down at me like I was a flower they wanted to stamp on.

"Well, well, well."

I turned around, my eyes widening.

Red ginger hair cascaded down her back, a sinister smirk playing on her lips, covered with thick matte red lipstick.

"Diana."

She cocked her head to her right, her smirk only growing wider.

"Hello, Tamara."

She placed her hand inside the pocket of her short denim skirt, pulling out a lollipop. She neatly unwrapped the cover with her french manicured nails before positioning the sweet in her mouth and sucking on it.

Pulling the lollipop out, Diana glanced at Peter.

"What did this brat tell me back in lunchbreak, Peter?"

"Oh, yes, I remember." Peter moved his hands in front of him as though trying to get into character.

"C-c-can you just let me be?" He squeaked in a girly annoyed tone, dramatically moving his hands as he spoke.

Mason laughed, nudging me on my shoulder and I looked around at the vacant hallway, knowing anything bad could possibly happen.

I glanced at Diana, taking in a deep breath while I backed myself to my closed locker.

"Since when has that mouth of yours started working?" Diana spoke with venom.

My eyes fluttered while I stared at the monster in disguise in front of me. They are greedy. They seek pleasure by targeting the innocents. They want to tear their happiness like it's sugar candy and watch them as they suffer.

Everyone believes to live like photocopies, if one stands out, they try to crush them into a ball and throw them into a bin.

"Guess what, Tamara, I will not let you be. Well, I can," she said, playing with her fingernails with her head tilted to the side. She then looked up, daggers shooting into my soul while she glared, her voice sounding hoarse.

"But I won't."

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered, a huge lump rising in my throat.

I wasn't, but I knew that was my only possible way out.

Or was there a way out?

Diana eyed Peter one last time before staring back at me.
"You are sorry?"

I nodded hesitantly, my eyes starting to moist at how intimidated I felt.

Diana leaned forward, resting her slim hands on her knees, the sinister look returning.

"Let's see how sorry you are."

Hands gripped roughly at my arms, lifting me off the ground. Before I knew it, I was carried away from my locker. I tried twisting at my torso, my eyes widening as I looked back and gaped at Diana.

Diana positioned the lollipop back in her mouth, sucking on it as she sauntered behind us. A smirk enveloped her face while her fingers held on the stick, eyeing my frightened presence.