-Six-

Cassie stood there in front of James wanting him to say something. Anything at this point really. Her heart race quickened by the second as she stared at James, who was staring right back. It had been like this for at least ten minutes now. 

They both wanted the silence broken but neither of them wanted to be the one to break it. Cassie bit her lip as James' eyes drifted down to her stomach. Her brows knitted together as she frowned. "Say something please," She whispered, softly. "Say anything." James looked back up at her. "I-It's mine?" James finally croaked out. It's all he could think off. 'Of course it's yours dipshit, her and Albus haven't done anything.' He thought. 

Cassie nodded, confirming James worse fears. "Yeah. Me and Albus haven't slept together yet, unlike what I thought." James took a deep breath. "And you told me because?" He whispered. It was a stupid question. He knew it was a stupid question but he still asked. Cassie sighed. "Because I don't know what to do. My mind is torn between so many things and I wanted to know what you want." She whispered. 

James had absolutely no idea what he wanted. He was freaking out himself but the one thing he did know was that he loved this girl. His best friend's sister. He would pull her pigtails when they were seven and tease her. When they had gone to Hogwarts he had realized his true feelings. One night when he staying at Malfoy Manor he had found out about her love of the stars and Shakespeare. He knew that behind the perfect cardboard cutout, she was human and he had fallen for her after learning all of the little things. 

James also knew that if they got rid of the baby, he'd lose her again. Maybe her and Albus would get back together without his spawn in the way, maybe she'd date another bloke but James knew he didn't want to lose her but he wasn't ready for a child. He himself was a child, an immature one too. He couldn't raise a child.

"James." She whispered. James looked up at her and searched her eyes, those beautiful grey eyes. The stars had nothing on them. James shifted. "I um, I....I don't know." He whispered. Cassie took a deep breath and walked over to one of the beds. She lowered herself onto it. "Well if we want to terminate the pregnancy with still have a month until it's too late and then there's always adoption. We-we don't have to decide right away." She whispered. James nodded. "There's also keeping it." He threw out there. 

Cassie looked up at him. "Right, right." She trailed off, focusing on a board that was a different color than the rest. James sighed and sat down on the bed across from Cassie. James rested his elbow on his thighs and ran his hands through his hair. 

"We really did this," He whispered. "We really were so stupid that we forgot to use protection." He whispered. Cassie nodded. "We were stupid enough to do it in the first place." She whispered. James nodded. That had stung. "Right," He whispered. "It was stupid." James paused. 

"But it was pretty good sex." Cassie's head snapped up. "What?" She squeaked. James chuckled. "The sex was good." He told her. Cassie's eyes widened. "James!" She shrieked. James grinned. "Come on, admit it." Cassie shook her head. "No." She whispered. James rolled his eyes. "Whatever." 

Cassie scooched back onto the bed and laid her back against the wall. "We should probably get back down there," James whispered. "Before people start to think things." Cassie sighed. "You go, Sirius' cologne is bothering me." James pushed himself up and walked towards the door but stopped. He turned to her. "Wait, you live with Sirius, how does his cologne bother you?" Cassie looked over at him. "It um, the baby doesn't like it," She whispered. "It makes me nauseous." James' mouth formed into an O. He turned back around and sat down on the bed. 

Cassie's eyes floated over to him. "What are you doing?" She asked confused. James looked up at her. His brown eyes filling with something unrecognizable as they were rimmed by his glasses. "What does it look like? I'm staying." Cassie nodded. "I see that. Why?" James sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Well, it's the...thing's fault that you feel nausea, cause of Sirius' cologne, but I fertilized the egg therefore it's technically my fault so why should you have to stay up here while I go downstairs and have fun?" Cassie snorted. "I wouldn't call Dom and Roxanne shooting dirty looks at me fun." 

James leaned back. "Don't pay attention to them. Dom's just mad that you took head girl from her and she forced Roxy to be mad." Cassie chuckled. "Doesn't make me feel any better, Potter." James shrugged. "Hey, I tried." James fell back onto the bed and moved his hands behind his head. He stared up at the ceiling for a minute before closing his eyes. Cassie studied him for a moment. She looked down at her sweater, playing with a loose string. 

"You really don't have to stay. I'm sure Alice is here by now and Fred probably wants to talk to you about quidditch or your end of year prank." James rolled onto his said and propped himself up on his elbow. "I'm not leaving, blondie. Perhaps we could even talk about the....thing." Cassie sighed. "Alright but you have to stop calling it the thing. It's getting annoying." James rolled back onto his back, grinning. "I'm your brother's best friend. It's my job to annoy you." 

Cassie was silent for a moment and James sighed. "What do you prefer I call it? I can't say the b word." Cassie raised her brow. "Baby?" She whispered. "You can't say the word baby?" James nodded. "Makes it all too real, blondie." Cassie thought for a moment. "Well you could call it a fetus or the baby or I don't know, the baby?" James shook his head. "Fetus is weird. That's the Ravenclaw in you speaking," He whispered, ignoring the other options. "We could call it," James paused, furrowing his brows as he spoke. "Quaffle?" Cassie sighed. "Is it just quidditch playing in that head of yours twenty four seven?" She asked. "Or is it not all empty?" James looked over at her. "Do you have a personality?" He shrugged looking back up at the ceiling. "Or are you just straight from the factory?" 

Cassie rolled her eyes. "I have more of a personality than Alice Longbottom ever will." James scoffed as he nodded. "Oh yes, definitely. There is no denying that fact. She's a bitch." Cassie shook her head. "If you hate her so much then why are you dating?" She asked. James sighed. "Because the girl I have my eye on doesn't want me." Cassie shrugged. "Maybe if you weren't such a player she'd go for you." James propped himself up and looked over at her. "Yeah but this girl," He chuckled. "I'd stop the world for her. I'd get rid of all my player tendencies because I'd be her's and her's only." Cassie shifted on the bed. "Did you tell her that?" James sighed and fell back onto the bed, causing it to creak. "Doesn't matter. It wouldn't change anything." Cassie shrugged. "Maybe not but it wouldn't hurt to find out." James scoffed. "Believe me, you'd be saying differently if you knew who."