-Twenty Six-

Albus sat on the couch in front of Cassie. He was staring at his lap. Cassie sat on the couch, criss cross in front of him. She was fiddling with her thumbs. Albus sighed. 

"You have to say something. It's been two weeks, Cass." Cassie looked up. "You could say something, you know. You've been awfully quiet." Cassie said, looking back down at her lap. Albus ran his hands over his face and rested his elbows on his thighs. 

"Were you the one who told her I was pregnant?" Cassie whispered. Albus squeezed his eyes shut. "I did. I didn't mean to, babe, I swear." Cassie shook her head. "I'm not babe anymore, Albus." Albus nodded. "So that's official?" He asked. Cassie scoffed. "Of course it is, Albus. We just uh we weren't working anymore. There was a gap between us." Albus nodded. 

"Did you sleep with her on purpose?" Cassie asked. Albus took a deep breath. "I wasn't thinking straight, Cassie-""Did you sleep with her on purpose?" Cassie asked with more force. Albus bit his lip. "I was under the influence, Cassie," Cassie nodded, knowing she wasn't going to get it out of Albus. "But yeah." Cassie's head snapped up. "What?" Albus sighed. "Do you want me to lie? I wanted to get back at you and James and that was how I could." 

Cassie felt her breath catch and she nodded. "Okay," She whispered as tears brimmed her eyes. Cassie looked down at her lap. "So did it really just slip out or did you use it to convince her?" Albus' face fell. "Cas-""No, don't," Cassie leaned into the couch. "The entire school knows now, Albus. I-everything was ruined, I wanted to hid this from everyone." Albus shook his head. "I'm sorry, Cassie." Cassie sighed. "As hard as it is, I forgive you." 

Albus smiled. "So we, we can?" Cassie shook her head. "No. I forgive you but I can't do this. We're not the way we used to be, Albus and after this I don't think we can be. I"m having your brother's baby and..." Albus looked up. "And what?" His heart was racing. "I feel something for James, Albus. I don't know what but it's something." Albus shifted. "It could just be attraction. It might not be feelings at all just a stupid chemical." Cassie shook her head. "I don't think that's the case at all, Al. He's been kind and he's taking care of me plus he's funny and-""The father of your baby?" Albus asked. Cassie nodded. "Yeah." She whispered. 

Albus cleared his throat. "Did you know it was him that not?" Cassie shook her head, frantically. "No, I promise. I had no idea." Albus sighed. "Did you feel things for him when we were together? Is that why you said you two were going to the party together?" Cassie sighed. "Maybe a little bit. I tried denying it but I can't do that anymore." Albus nodded. 

"I still love you, Al, and I always will. I'm here if you need anything." She whispered. Al rubbed the back of his neck. "I love you too, Cassie. Um, I see you're showing now." Cassie chuckled. "You don't have to make small talk. If you want you can go." Albus nodded and stood up as the door opened. James stepped in. "Oh, Albus, uh hi." Albus nodded to him. "James, uh congrats you two." Albus walked out and James looked over at Cassie. 

Cassie sighed. "He's dying on the inside. That really hurt, James." James nodded and set his bag down. "I know," He whispered. Cassie stood up and walked over to James. She wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head on his chest. James wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay." He whispered, rubbing her back. Cassie nodded. "I hope so. He did it on purpose. He wanted to hurt us." James sighed. "That's understandable." James whispered. 

Cassie looked up at him. "You know, I could really-" James chuckled. "No." Cassie groaned. "But I'm horny!" She whined. James chuckled. "And that's my fault?" Cassie pulled away. "Yes. Pregnancy can make people horny or the opposite. It is your fault." James chuckled. "No, not before I take you on a date. All of my relationships have started with sexual relations." Cassie sighed. "So did this one." James dropped his head. "Cassie-""You say not until we go on a date but you haven't even asked me." Cassie whispered with a grin. 

James looked up, raising a brow. "Are you over Albus?" Cassie sighed. "James, I'm gonna be honest with you. Albus was the first guy I loved. I've had other relationships but he was the one I loved and the only way I can get over him is by moving on. A part of my heart will always feel that way about him. It's how first loves work." 

James stepped forward and grabbed Cassie's hand. "Alright, Cassiopeia Malfoy will you do me the honor of going to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" Cassie chuckled. "You're pushing it, Potter." James raised his brow. "Is that a yes? I couldn't tell with all that enthusiasm." Cassie rolled her eyes. "That's a yes, Jamey." James grinned. "Perfect. It's gonna be great." 

James laid his hands on Cassie's stomach. "How's our little quaffle?" He asked. Cassie shrugged. "Not making me throw up so good I guess." James smiled. He reached over and picked up the locket. He felt the tiny beating and his face instantly lit up. "That's our little girl." James whispered. "Or boy." Cassie added. 

James sighed. "Girl." Cassie crossed her arms over her chest. "Boy." James smiled. "Girl." He stated. "Boy." James raised his brow. "Wanna bet on it? I'm sure you're wrong. There's no way you could beat me in a bet." James was baiting her and Cassie knew that but the competitive monster was taking over. "Ten Knuts." She stated. James raised his brow. "I thought you were confident, Potter?" Cassie narrowed her eyes at him. "Twenty." James grinned. "Your dad went galleons, Malfoy." Cassie's jaw dropped as her eyes widened. 

"You got my dad to bet on our child!" James nodded proudly. "As a matter of fact I did. He bet Twenty-five that it's a boy." Cassie sighed, shaking her head. "Ten galleons then." James grinned. "Oh, you're going to regret it, blondie."