-Thirty Eight-

Draco raised his brow as he stood across from James and Cassie. "That's the name you chose?" Draco asked. James frowned as his brows furrowed. "What you guys don't like it?" He asked. Ginny smiled. "I think it's beautiful," 

Draco and Harry scoffed. "It's hideous," They said in unison. Draco and Harry were shocked and they shared a look. Ginny chuckled. "Coming from the man who named his son Albus Severus," Ginny remarked. Cassie nodded. "Yeah and the guy who named his son Scorpius," Cassie pointed out. 

Draco shook his head. "No, no. I have magnificent taste when it comes to names, you two on the other hand," Draco's face showed disgust. "It's not a bad name," Cassie defended. She looked down at the incubator. "It suites her," She whispered. Draco nodded. "Yes, yes. Very well I suppose," Draco mumbled. 

"Now come on, you're going to miss the train," Draco whispered. Cassie's forehead wrinkled and she began to fidget with her hands. "Dad, I-""McGonagall said you two can visit whenever as long as you're not missing classes. This is your last year and you need to graduate," Draco explained. 

"We don't want to leave her though," James said. Harry nodded. "We know that, James, but one of us will come and check on her everyday and Draco's here all day everyday," He explained. James and Cassie shared a look. Cassie bit her lip. "I have a bad feeling about this, dad," Cassie whispered. 

Draco stepped forward. "Everything will be fine, Cassie," 

Rose's brows furrowed when she stepped into the compartment. "Where's Cassie and James?" She asked. Albus looked up. "They're sitting alone today. They wanted some time to talk," Albus whispered. Scorpius nodded. "Cassie's nerves have been acting up all day," He told Rose. Albus nodded. "And James was arguing with mum and dad last night," Albus admitted. 

Rose walked over and plopped down besides Scorpius. She frowned while staying quiet for a few minutes. "How's the baby?" She asked, eyes flickering between the two. Scorpius shrugged. "I haven't had the heart to go see it. My dad said she was doing good though," 

Albus bit his lip as he stared down at his lap. "I haven't gone...or talked to either of them since the wedding," Albus mumbled. Rose's eyes widened. "What?" She asked. Albus glanced up. "I just feel bad-""Albus it's not your fault," Scorpius said. Albus shrugged. "I know but what if they think-I wasn't too on board with this and maybe they believe-I didn't do nothing on purpose," Albus was just a jumble of words. "I was frozen," He whispered. 

Scorpius shook his head. "I doubt they think-""They could though," Albus interrupted. Rose sighed. "Albus, you should talk to them," Rose told him. 

Cassie had her head resting on James's shoulder as she took deep breathes. "So everyday during dinner, we'll visit her together," Cassie whispered. James nodded in agreement. "And I'll go during my prep hour on Tuesday's and Thursdays," James mumbled, grabbing Cassie's hand in his. James used his thumb to trace Cassie's knuckles. 

"And I'll go during the morning on Wednesdays," Cassie looked up at James and sighed. "I'm worried, James," She admitted. James nodded. "I know. I am too but she's going to be alright. She's a fighter," James whispered. 

Cassie nodded and laid her head back on James' shoulder. The door opened and James looked up. A small smile formed on his lips when he saw his brother. "Hey," He whispered. Cassie turned around to see Albus and she sat up straight. "Albus," Albus shook his head. "Before you guys say anything, can I go first?" He asked. Cassie nodded as she shifted in her seat. "Of-of course," She was a tad nervous about what it was he was going to say. 

"I'm sorry," Albus blurted out. "I'm sorry I didn't do anythi-""I'm going to stop you right there," James said. Albus looked between the two. "There was nothing you could have done differently, Albus," Cassie whispered as she stared at her lap. Albus went to open his mouth and James just shook her head. 

"In fact I owe you a thank you," James said. That had shocked Albus. "If you hadn't gone with her, who knows what would have happened and you stopped him from finishing the spell. Thank you, Albus. It means a lot, really," James said. Cassie nodded in agreement as she turned to look at Albus. "He's right. I told you, you could have gone back and you didn't. We owe it to you that the baby's alive," 

Albus scoffed and shook his head. "No-""Yes," Cassie said. "Actually while you're here, will you sit down?" Cassie asked. "There's something James has been meaning to ask you," James stared at Cassie shocked as she stood up. "I'm going to go talk to Scorp. I haven't seen him in days," 

Cassie stepped out of the compartment shutting the door. James stared at her through the glass as she jerked her head towards Albus. James turned to face Albus and sighed. "I...uh...you can say no because well...it's Cassie's and Me's baby and stuff plus considering all this history but," James looked up at Albus as he bounced his knee. "Would you maybe want to be the baby's godfather?" James asked. 

Albus stared at James shocked. "Me?" He asked. "Me as in the guy who slept with Alice?" Albus said. James waved him off. "You did me a favor. I wasn't too fond of her," James said. "Still," Albus said. "Me?" James chuckled. "Yes, you," Albus tilted his head. "Did Fred tell you no or something?" Albus asked. James chuckled. "No, I never asked him. I'm asking you," 

Albus shifted. "I-okay?" He whispered. James raised his brow. "I don't think your supposed to answer with a question," Albus shook his head. "No, no. I just...I'm confused is all. You trust-Cassie trusts me with her baby?" He asked. James nodded. "Yes, we trust you and your my brother and responsible. You're the best man for the job really...other than me," James said. Albus scoffed but nodded. "Uh, yeah sure...I'll raise your kid if you die," James chuckled. "That's a nice way to put it," 

Albus shifted. "What is her name anyways? I feel weird just calling her kid or the baby," Albus said. James smiled. "Stella," James said. He shrugged. Albus nodded. "I like it," He said. James nodded. "Right? Dad said it was a terrible name," Albus chuckled. "It's a hell of a lot better than Albus Severus,"