-Thirty Five-

Cassie was in a black spaghetti string dress that stopped at her knees. She sat in front of her vanity, curling her hair as the door opened. James was leaned against the door frame. He was wearing a white button up, black trousers, and his signature jean jacket paired with a baby blue tie. 

Cassie raised her brow. "Teddy's really letting you wear that jacket?" She asked as she let another curl fall. James nodded. "Yeah, it's a small thing. He told me he didn't care what I wore," James explained. Cassie nodded as she finished the last curl. She reached over, unplugging her curling iron. Cassie stood up and walked over to James. He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Ready, love?" He asked. "Mhmm," She mumbled. 

Cassie sat in the third row besides her brother and Rose. James shot a wink at Cassie from where he stood, Albus and Lily besides him. Lily was in a dress similar to the shade of James's tie while Albus was wearing an outfit identical to James, minus the jacket. They all stood besides Teddy while Dominique and Louis stood on the other side, waiting to be joined by Victoire. 

The wedding march began to play and everyone stood up. Scorpius extended his hand towards Cassie, helping her to stand. They all watched in awe as Victoire made her way towards Teddy and the others. She looked absolutely breathtaking. Victoire smiled when she was standing across from Teddy, seeing the tears in both of their eyes. Cassie's gaze shifted to James, a bright smile playing on his face. 

Cassie zoned out as she stared at him, thinking about their future and everything in between. Cassie was shocked when she heard the words. "You may now kiss the bride," She blinked a few times and looked back at Teddy and Victoire as they pulled each other into a kiss. Cassie quickly joined in on the clapping. 

James and Cassie slow-danced together with all the other couples. James was humming along to the music while Cassie laid her head on his shoulder. "Would you marry me?" James asked. His eyes quickly widened. "That's not a proposal. I'd never propose at someone else's wedding. I just-I'm curious," James added. Cassie nodded. "In a few years if we were still together. I'd marry you," Cassie whispered.  James smiled to himself. "I'd marry you too," James said. 

"Scorp, Listen, bud. Rose is five thousand times smarter than you," James slurred. Cassie watched in amusement as James leaned forward, placing his elbow on the table. Scorpius shook his head. "No, no, no," He mumbled. It was obvious they were both drunk. 

Albus watched amused, his fist pressed tightly to his lips. "Rose is so much prettier than me but I-I have the smarts," Scorpius added, holding a finger up to make a point. Cassie looked around, dying to find Rose so she could call her over to witness this. James shook his head. "No, Rose is prettier and smarter," He shot. Scorpius gasped dramatically. "Cassie, Ca-Cassie," Scorpius placed his hand on Cassie's shoulder, staring deeply into her eyes. "Is that true?" He asked. 

Cassie nodded. "Very true. Now I have to go to the bathroom," James turned to Albus, violently fast. "Go with her! I would but I can't walk," James stated. Albus looked up at Cassie, his smile instantly falling. 

Cassie and Albus walked through the burrow's yard and towards the house. "You didn't have to come with you know," Cassie said. Albus shrugged. "James was worried about you. I don't mind," Albus whispered, stuffing his hands into his pockets. Cassie nodded. 

The sky was dark and it was easily midnight, maybe later. The sound of the music and partying echoed throughout the yard. They had hardly heard the popping noise from behind them. 

"The Malfoy name has really gone to the dogs, hasn't it?" Cassie and Albus froze. Cassie slowly turned around and her blood ran cold. "Oh, that just makes it worse," Lucius Malfoy sneered when his eyes landed on her protruding stomach. "Leave me alone," Cassie whispered. 

Lucius clicked his tongue. "I'm afraid I can't do that. I refuse to let the Malfoy blood be tainted and you're doing just that, aren't you child?" Lucius held his wand up and a bright blinding light flashed through the air, hitting Cassie in her stomach. Albus was quick to retaliate. He pulled his wand out and fired a disarming spell at Lucius, cutting his spell off. Cassie fell to the ground, out cold. Lucius doing the same. 

Albus felt dread and panic rush through him. He took off running towards the tent, going as fast as his legs could take him. "HELP! HELP!" Albus screamed. He stopped when he saw Draco, Ginny, and Harry standing right inside the tent. "Albus, what's wrong?" Ginny asked, placing her hand on his shoulder. "It's Cassie. Lucius Malfoy attacked her," 

Draco froze as he stared at Albus. Harry blinked a few times before finally realizing what this meant. "Go find James. Where is she?" He asked. Albus looked over his shoulder. "Right outside the house. She passed out, I didn't want to move her," Albus jumbled his words because he was talking to fast. 

Draco quickly snapped out of his trance. He took off running towards Cassie. Harry grabbed Albus's shoulder, forcing him to look him in the eyes. "You did the right thing, not moving her. Go find James, alright?" Albus nodded and his parents took off soon after. 

Albus found James on the dance floor five minutes later. James was wooing and dancing around, his drink sloshing around in it's glass. Albus ran up to him. "James, you need to come with me," Albus spoke quickly. "Albus!" James shouted. "You're just in time. That girl over there, she's one of Vic's friends. She wants to dance with you!" James shouted a little too loud. "James now's not the time for this. We need to go," Albus shouted. 

James's brows furrowed. "What? But the parties just getting started!" Albus sighed. "Cassie's been hurt," Albus told him. James's arm fell to his side and the effects of the alcohol seemed to have worn off. "What?" James asked, his voice breaking. 

James had never ran faster. His heart dropped when he saw Draco hunched over a body and his father, cuffing Lucius Malfoy. He had told her he was nothing to worry about. If only he had been with her. If he hadn't had been drinking-maybe. 

"Is she alive?" James blurted out. Draco looked up, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Barely. We have to get her to St. Mungos now,"