-Thirty Nine-

Cassie sat in potions, bouncing her leg. She was staring at the magical clock on the wall. Fred sighed. "Malfoy...you actually have to help me," Fred said, looking between the textbook and the cauldron. Cassie's head snapped towards him. "Sorry, I just-""Helping the poor fool will take your mind off it," Blaise quickly interjected. He motioned towards the cauldron. "However staring at the clock, trying to urge it to go faster makes time shy and it'll slowly drag by," He added. 

Fred tilted his head. "Is that actually how time works, Professor?" Fred asked, the tone in his voice showing he wasn't joking. Blaise went to open his mouth but quickly shut it before shaking his head and walking away. 

Cassie looked over at Fred. "It's supposed to be a dark green so considering it's pink, you messed up," Cassie said. She looked over at James from across the room and back at the clock. "Cassie," Fred said again. Cassie turned her body. "What Fred?" She snapped. "Because at the moment, I currently am very annoyed and I would like to leave the castle. So what?" She asked. Fred sighed.  

"Everything's going to be fine. You're stressing over nothing," He said. Cassie scoffed. "Who said I was stressing? I just...I want to see my daughter," She mumbled. Fred went quiet and nodded. "Well then let's get this done," 

James and Cassie ran from the room and towards the floo. Once they reached it they turned to each other and James jerked his head towards the fireplace. "You go first," He whispered. Cassie didn't even hesitate as she stepped through the floo and felt herself squeezed through. She let out a deep breath once she landed in the hospital's maternity ward and was soon joined by James. 

Cassie grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the desk. "Hi-""Hello, Miss Malfoy, Mr. Potter," The nurse behind the desk said. "Are we here to see baby Stella?" She asked. James nodded as she stood up. "Right this way then," She led the towards the nursery and inside. 

Cassie smiled when she looked down at the little girl. "She looks bigger. Is she bigger?" She asked, looking up at James. The nurse nodded. "She's bigger. In fact we have a surprise for the two of you," The nurse said. 

Cassie furrowed her brows. "What?" She asked. The nurse pushed the lid open and Cassie's breath caught as the nurse reached inside. "Who wants to hold her first?" She asked. Cassie and James shared a look. Cassie was dying too but she didn't want to jump to do it without asking James. James smiled warmly. "Go on, love," He whispered. 

Cassie held her arms out and the nurse situated her in her arms. Tears prickled Cassie's eyes as she looked up at the nurse. "How long until she-how long till she can come home?" Cassie asked. The nurse smiled. "As long as everything goes smoothly around her supposed due date," The nurse whispered. Cassie looked down at her and blew out a deep breath. "July?" She asked. 

"That's-""That's really far," James mumbled. Cassie nodded in agreement. Glad to see she wasn't the only one to see that. The nurse nodded. "I know but we have to make sure she's okay and healthy before she does go home," She explained. James nodded as he wrapped his arm around Cassie's waist. 

"It'll be fine," He whispered. "She'll be okay," Cassie nodded in agreement. She stared down at Stella, beginning to rock slowly. "Do you hear that?" Cassie asked. "Perfectly okay," She whispered. 

Cassie was rocking back and forth as James sat slumped in the rocking chair, his jacket laid over him. The door opened and Cassie turned around to see Draco. Draco chuckled. "It's eight which means it's past curfew which means you're supposed to be in bed," He whispered. Cassie shrugged. "We couldn't leave," She mumbled. 

Draco's eyes drifted to Stella and he nodded. "Ah, like a drug isn't it? Holding her," He mumbled. Cassie shook her head. "Please don't compare my baby to a drug, dad," She said. Draco chuckled and crossed the room. He looked over her shoulder at Stella. "I've been trying to find similarities between the two of you," Draco mumbled. "But it's hard to tell," He admitted. Cassie nodded. "Yeah," She said, rubbing her knuckle against Stella's cheek. Cassie closed her eyes and Draco sighed. 

"What are you thinking about?" He asked. "Just a few more weeks and we're done with school and we can be here as much as we want, whenever we want," Cassie whispered. Draco nodded. "Are you excited?" He asked. Cassie nodded. "I can't wait," 

James shot forward. "Cassie!" He shouted. Cassie slipped Stella inside the incubator and closed the hatch. She hurried over to him and threaded her fingers into his hair. "Hey, hey. I'm here," She whispered. James latched his arms around Cassie's waist as he buried his face in her t-shirt, soaking it with tears. He had been having nightmares since the wedding. 

Draco frowned, slipping out of the room and shutting the door behind him, not wanting to interrupt the intimate moment. Draco turned and stopped when he saw Harry. "Potter," He whispered. Harry stopped and looked up at Draco. "Oh, I didn't expect you to be here. I came to see Stella," He admitted. Draco pointed back at the room. "Cassie and James are in there," He said. "They're in the middle of something though so I wouldn't go in there," Draco mumbled. 

He looked around nervously before nodding. "Well than, coffee?" He asked. Harry nodded. "Coffee,"