-Twenty Three-

Cassie and James walked through the portrait hole laughing. "So you actually called my dad Draco?" James nodded. "He wasn't too happy." He said through laughter. Cassie shook her head. 

"So have you seen pictures of the flat?" She asked. Harry had bought the two a three bedroom flat for when school was over so they could raise the baby together. James shook his head. "No but I think we should be scared." James chuckled. Cassie sighed. "Then you should write him and ask for pict-" Cassie froze. Albus and Alice were on the Gryffindor Common room couch. Albus was hovering overtop of her and there was a blanket draped over them. 

Cassie froze along with James. "Albus?" Cassie whispered. Albus looked up and froze. "Cass, I-""Don't!" Cassie turned and ran out of the room. James looked over at Albus. "What the hell mate!" James turned and ran after Cassie. "Blondie, wait!" James shouted. 

Albus rolled off Alice and pulled his jeans up. "I uh, I have to go." He said, clutching his head. Cassie seeing them had definitely sobered him up some. 

Cassie sat on her bed with her knees pulled up to her chest. She was sobbing into them. The door opened and Cassie turned her body away from the door. "Go away, Albus. I don't want to talk to you!" Cassie shot. 

James stood inside the door. "It's me." James whispered. Cassie looked over her shoulder and her face shattered James' heart. "Oh, Cassie." Cassie turned her body towards him. "Did he look drunk or high? Maybe he wasn't in his right mind." She cried. James sighed and walked over to her. "Cassie, He wasn't high." Cassie nodded. "So he was drunk, right?" James shrugged. "I don't know."

Cassie nodded and wiped her eyes. "I should have known this would happen, James. We've been really strained lately." James sat down and pulled Cassie into a hug. "Shh, it's alright. No one could have seen this coming. I know I certainly didn't. I mean Albus loves you with all his heart, Cassie." Cassie shrugged. "I wouldn't say that. He thinks there's something between us." Cassie whispered. James wiped her eyes with his thumb. "Well, he's crazy," Cassie looked up at him. "There's nothing between us." James lied. 

Cassie looked up at him. "Right. I love Albus." She whispered. James furrowed his brows. It sounded like she was trying to convince herself. James pulled her closer and Cassie laid her head on his chest. 

The door opened and Cassie sat up. Albus stood in the door way. "Cassie, I'm sorry-""Who was it?" She asked. Albus looked down at his feet. "Alice Longbottom." Cassie scoffed and stood up. "Alice Longbottom," She repeated. "Alice fucking Longbottom!" James looked between the two. "I should go-""No, stay." Cassie told him. 

Albus shook his head. "You can't be mad at me, you did the same thing with my brother!" Albus shouted. Cassie crossed her arms over her chest. "Do you know how much I had to drink that night? I thought your brother. who looks a lot like you other than your eyes, was you, Alice Longbottom looks nothing like me. I have blonde hair and she's a fucking brunette. I'm an entire head taller then her, so you must not be able to see straight huh? But then again you found your way here and it doesn't seem like you're slurring your words," Cassie stated. "So what happened Albus or should I got ask Alice?" 

Albus sighed. "I'm sorry, alright? I'm sorry that I can't deal with the fact that my brother knocked you up. I love you, Cassie but it's not fair. I don't want to share him with you. This never should have happened," Albus pointed at Cassie's stomach. "That should be mine! Not his!" Tears slipped out of Albus' eyes as he shook his head. "It's not fair." Albus buried his head into his hands as he shook with tears. 

Cassie shook her head. "Albus, I can't, I can't do this anymore. You're hardly even drunk." Albus looked up. "I'm sorry Cassie." Cassie shrugged. "Sorry doesn't fix all of this." Albus shifted. "I forgave you-""No, you didn't. You just put it aside. I can't put this aside. I made a mistake and you, you wanted to get back at me." 

Albus shook his head. "No, I didn't." Cassie sighed. "So I'm just supposed to believe that you just hooked up with Alice of all people because you were tipsy?" Albus nodded. "Yes." Cassie shook her head. "Well I can't because there's no way you looked at all those girls at the party and picked Alice Longbottom, the one girl that James keeps going back to, and slept with her." Albus felt a lump form in his throat. He didn't know what to say so he stayed silent. Cassie nodded. "Thank you, Albus. Really, I appreciate it. To answer your question from earlier, yes." Albus stepped forward. "Cassie-""Don't touch me!" She shouted. "Just go." Albus turned and walked out. 

Cassie turned to James and her lip quivered. Jame pushed himself up and pulled Cassie into a hug. She buried her face into his shoulder and broke down. James rubbed her back and she pulled away. "Why aren't you upset?" She asked. "He slept with Alice." James sighed. "Me and Alice are nothing more than a casual hookup. I just kept going back to her because she was nothing like the girl I want." James looked down at Cassie and saw her looking over her. 

Cassie reached up and pressed her lips to his. James pulled away. "Cassie," He whispered, placing his hand on her cheek. "I like you. I like you a lot but you're not thinking straight right now. You just want a rebound and I don't want to be that," James wiped a tear away. "But I'm here and I'll be here when this has passed." It had just slipped out. James hadn't meant for it to but it had.

Cassie's brows furrowed. "You like me?" James nodded. "Yeah since first year but I'm not going to let myself get hurt. I'm here for you if you need anything and I'll wait until you're not hurt anymore if you want to try this." James' heart was racing as he waited for a response. He searched Cassie's eyes. She leaned up and pressed a long kiss to his lips and pulled away. "I do want to try this," She whispered. James smiled. "Will you stay tonight? Just sleep on the couch or in the bed. I just want someone to hold me." Cassie's voice cracked and James nodded. "Of course." He whispered. 

Cassie laid her head back down on James' chest. James ran his fingers through her hair while his other hand rubbed her back.