-Fourteen-

"What!" Sirius shouted. "You're in love with my sister!?" James threw his hands up. "Alright listen don't freak out." Sirius shook his head. "No, you're not. You're pranking me. News flash, James, this isn't funny," James sighed. "You don't love my sister! You don't even know her! You're just saying that because you knocked her up!" James shook his head. "I do know her. I know that she wants to become a healer. I know she reads to Leo every night just like her mother used to do to her. That even though she has a phone, she still writes letters and I know that she's hopelessly in love with my brother." 

Sirius ran his hand over his face. "How long?" He whispered. James sighed and shrugged. "I liked her first year but I realized that I loved her in fourth when we were hanging out at your house and she broke a vase because she threw her book at it when something happened in her book that she didn't like." Sirius chuckled. "I remember that. It was my gran's favorite vase. Dad was happy to see it smashed to smithereens." James joined his laughter. "It was pretty funny." 

Sirius stopped laughing and shook his head. "Why haven't you said anything, mate?" James shrugged. "I'm scared and then I found out about her and Albus." Sirius shook his head slowly. "You're an idiot, Potter." James nodded. "I know. I lost her before I even had her." Sirius just shook his head. "You should tell her before it really is too late." James sighed, falling onto his bed. "I can't. She's in love with Albus." James whispered. 

Sirius shook his head slowly. Sometimes he couldn't believe how stupid James was. "Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see just how much longer that lasts now, huh?" Sirius mumbled. He knew that they weren't going to last. He had seen the look Cassie had casted towards Albus. 

"What do you think I should do?" James asked, breaking Sirius out of his train of thought. He looked up. "Well, I mean we're two idiots, anything we're going to come up with is bad." Sirius stated. James nodded. "That is very true but we can try." Sirius thought for a minute and shook his head. They were silent for five minutes. 

 "Yeah, I got nothing." Sirius whispered. James snapped his fingers and jumped up. "I could visit her every day and just say I'm checking up on her. I will be a known name in your house." Sirius stared at James. "James, you already are a known name in my house. Besides that's Stu-Actually not that bad." James looked up raising his brow. "Really? I expected that to be shut down." 

Sirius shook his head. "No, no. It shows you're serious about the baby." James bit his lip trying to suppress a grin. "But you're Sirius." Sirius gave him his resting bitch face. "I'm gonna hit you. It's obvious that Albus couldn't care less about this baby. Cassie gave him a look earlier that showed that." James bit his lip. "So what you're saying is being showing her how much I care about this quaffle-""What the fuck? What quaffle?" James looked up. "Oh that's what I'm calling the thing," Sirius sighed and shook his head, laying it slowly into his hands. "So by showing her I care and I'm ser-commited to this, she could fall in love with me?" Sirius shrugged. "Having a kid brought my parents closer according to my gran. She said that they'd always get into petty arguments and then they had me," James wanted to make a snide remark. 

"And you and her have something her and Albus don't have."  James nodded. "I suppose you're right," James paused. "So like is it a bad idea to go over there tod-""Yes." James' shoulders slumped. "Damn." He whispered. Sirius clapped him on his back. "Wait, why are you helping me? I thought you were mad me and Cassie did the devil's tango." Sirius stared at James for a minute before shaking his head. "Can you just call it sex?" James made a face of disgust. "Ew, no. That's nasty. My parents have sex, I make love." Sirius shook his head. "I take it back, she could never love a child like you." James stood up. "Oh come on!" James shouted. 

Draco walked into the house and tossed his keys on the counter and set the takeaway bags down. "KIDS, I'M HOME!" Draco shouted. Leo ran into the kitchen. "Dad!" He ran over and jumped onto Draco, throwing his arms around his neck. "Whoa! At least I know someone's excited to see me." Leo looked up at Draco. "It's cause you're cool." Draco ruffled Leo's hair. "Remember that in a few years, yeah? These other kids don't see that. They're not cool," Leo cheekily grinned. "Well Cassie is but the other boys." Draco shook his head as he set Leo down. 

"Hey!" Draco looked up to see Scorpius walking into the kitchen. "What's this? Scorpius coming out of his dark and gloomy cave? What a shocker." Scorpius glared at his dad as Draco laughed. 

"What's for dinner?" Scorpius asked, walking over to the counter and leaning into it. Draco motioned to the bag. "Cassie asked me to get Chinese food over text but I still don't know how to work this stupid shell phone." Draco stated taking his cell phone out of his pocket. Scorpius raised his brow. "You mean cell phone." Draco looked up nodded. "That's what I said but uh I didn't know how to ask her what everyone wanted so I just guessed." 

Cassie suddenly ran into the kitchen. "You got Chinese food!?" Draco looked at her out of the corner of his eyes. "Yes. How did you know? I didn't text ba-""I smelled it. Move, Scorp." Cassie basically body slammed Scorpius away and dug into the food bags. "Merlin, Cassie! It's just food." Cassie turned to Scorpius putting a hand on her hip. "Food that the baby wants. Back off!"

Draco chuckled. "I picked up some prenatal vitamins for you." Draco said, motioning to a bag on the counter. Cassie glared at Draco. "Hello, father. How was ditching your daughter?" Draco chuckled, shaking his head. "It was great. My patient had a little girl." Cassie glared at him as Scorpius thought for a minute. 

"Dad, why did you even get into delivering babies and cooters and stuff?" Draco raised his brow at Scorpius. "Cooters? Cassie, what the hell is a cooter?" Cassie covered Leo's ears. "Vagina." Draco nodded. "Ah." 

Draco turned to Scorpius. "Well with the war and everything I wanted to do something happy and bringing a life into the world is as happy as it gets. Plus it's what got me and your mum back in touch after school." Draco winked. "EWWWW! Dad that's disgusting!" Cassie and Scorpius shouted. Draco laughed. "I'm kidding. We were together after school but you can ask your mum, I kne-""Stop!" Cassie shouted. "Little ears." She motioned between her stomach and Leo. Draco laughed. "Technically the baby can't hear me yet." Draco informed. Scorpius pointed at himself. "Well this baby can hear and he's disgusted." Cassie raised her hand. "Along with this baby." 

Authors note

I feel like I've put Draco in ever chapter because like ✨Draco as a dad✨. I totally one thousand percent believe that he tries his best to be funny for his kids and make them happy because he knows what that ✨depression✨ feels like. But like of course his children still know manners and how to act civil and you can bet your ass one of them plays the piano and other plays the violin. So yeah, Draco's my favorite character and he's definitely going to be in here A LOT.