-Eighteen-

James walked into Malfoy Manor and heard a piano filling the mansion. He smiled to himself and walked throughout the house, trying to find Cassie. 

"I remember when I first heard your heartbeat, It had only been eight weeks. Standin' there, starin' at that screen was the first time you ever scared me." James followed the voice towards a door at the end of the hall. "God knows I don't know exactly what I'm doing but good news, we got her to get through it," James pushed the door open to see Cassie sitting at a piano with her back to him. "I hope you look just like your mama and love her like I do. You'll see close to perfect patience if you watch her every move. You can always run to daddy. You'll always be my baby, but look at her, baby girl, and you'll learn how to be a lady. Just how to be a lady." James smiled as she continued singing. 

It didn't want to interrupt her so he said a in the doorway. "I can make you laugh til you cry, but she can make your tears dry and when you get your heart broke by the wrong guy, she can make it right," Cassie stopped for a minute as her fingers danced over the keys. "I hope you look just like your mama and love her like I do. You'll see close to perfect patience If you watch her every move. You can always run to daddy, you'll always be my baby, but Look at her, baby girl, and you'll learn how to be a lady. Mm-mm. Just how to be a lady Oh-oh." Cassie exaggerated a few of the notes making James' smile widen. 

"She'll hear you. She'll hold you. She'll help you through. She'll fix you and me too. I hope you look just like your mama and love her like I do. You'll see close to perfect patience if you watch her every move. You can always run to daddy, you'll always be my baby, but look at her, baby girl and you'll learn how to be a lady. Mm-mm. Just how to be a lady. Oh-oh." The song ended and Cassie leaned back, taking a deep breath. 

"That was beautiful." Cassie jumped before turning around. "You scared me." Cassie stated, placing her hand over her heart. "I thought I was the only one home." She whispered, standing up. James jerked his thumb towards the door. "I uh, I just got here." Cassie crossed her arms over her chest and walked over to him. "You know, you've been coming here a lot lately." James rubbed the back of his neck. "I uh, um I want to check up on you and the baby. How are you and Quaffle feeling today?" James asked, glancing down at her stomach. 

"Hungry." Cassie said stretching. James smiled. "Shall we go to the kitchen to get some food, m'lady?" James asked. Cassie nodded. "We shall." They walked into the kitchen and Cassie walked over to the fridge, yanking it open. 

"You all packed for school?" James asked. Cassie nodded as she pulled out a bottle of chocolate milk. "Yeah. Can you believe we go back tomorrow?" James shook his head. "Nope." He stated as Cassie handed him the chocolate milk before grabbing herself a water. She pulled out the ingredients to make a turkey sandwich and set them on the counter. Cassie raised her wand and pointed it at the ingredients. She mumbled something incoherently and the ingredients began to make themselves into a sandwich. 

Cassie turned to James. "I want to keep this a secret as long as possible at school." James nodded. "Yeah, I agree. I mean I considered tipping the press off just to piss my dad off." James whispered. Cassie chuckled. "Me too!" James looked up. "Your dad or my dad?" Cassie looked up. "Your dad because he, he was a prick to mine." Cassie lied. James looked up. "I'm sorry about that. Your dad's actually really nice." Cassie shrugged. "He wasn't always. I'm sure you've heard the stories." 

James shrugged. "People change." James stated. Cassie nodded. "They do but people don't understand that." James nodded in agreement. "My dad doesn't understand that," He whispered. "Apparently once a death eater, always a death eater." He added. "My dad never hurt anyone, you know? He was supposed to but someone stepped in and did it instead," James tilted his head. "But  he never hurt anyone." James nodded. "He's cool." He whispered. 

Draco was walking through Flourish and Botts. He looked down at the book he had in his hands and he furrowed his brows. Draco looked back up at the one on the shelf. 

"Malfoy?" Draco looked up to see Ginny standing with Hermione. His forehead creased more. Hermione gave him a warm smile. "Hello." Hermione whispered. Draco looked back over at the shelf. He quickly turned towards the two woman. "Sorry, I forgot to smile!" He said panicked. Hermione chuckled while Ginny was looking him up and down. "It's alright. How are the kids?" 

Draco nodded. "They're good. Um, excited to go back to school. Well I'm not sure about Ca-Sorry I'm rambling, uh how are your kids and Weasley?" Hermione nodded. "They're good. Uh Rose is quite excited about...Cassie's situation. I think she already started helping Molly plan a party." Draco chuckled. "Well, Cassie will appreciate it I'm sure." 

Draco casted a glance towards Ginny. He cleared his throat. "Is-uh-how's Albus with the handling the news?" He asked. Ginny shrugged. "He won't talk to me about it. I assume it's the same with him and Cassie." Draco nodded. "Yeah, she's worried. You know she really loves him, Weasley." Ginny nodded. "I do but she hurt him very badly, Draco." Draco was shocked at her using his first name. Draco nodded. "Getting hurt is inevitable and it was a mistake. We all make mistakes." 

The women' eyes landed on Draco's forearm and he cleared his throat, moving his arm behind him. "So uh you're looking for books for Cassie?" Draco looked down at the pregnancy book in his hand. "No actually. I figured I'd get some for James. Just to help him out a bit." Ginny stared at Draco shocked for a minute. "Same here." She whispered, holding a book up. "Oh," Draco whispered. "I uh, I should probably leave that to you then." Draco went to place the book back on the shelf. "No, it's fine. Um, how's James?" Draco tilted his head. "Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" Ginny sighed. "He went right over there this morning and I didn't get to talk to him." 

Draco's eyes widened. "He's there now? With Cassie?" Ginny nodded. "Yes. Why?" Draco chuckled nervously. "They're there alone right now. Don't freak out though. I mean it's not like she can ge-Shit, I'm a doctor. Double pregnant is a thing!" 

Draco disapparated in front of them. The book he had in his hand fell to the floor. Draco appeared in the kitchen manor and saw Cassie stuffing fries into her face and James sitting next to her laughing. Draco rushed over to Cassie and looked her over. She was still in the clothes she had been wearing when he left. Her neck wasn't covered in hickeys and her hair was neat like usual. 

Draco's eyes shifted towards James. "Are you okay?" Cassie asked Draco. Draco nodded, standing straight and fixing his suit. "Yes. I'm fine now. How long has James been here?" James looked over at Cassie. "Uh a couple hours."