Epilogue

17 years later

Stella drew in a deep breath and walked into the dining room. "Mum, Dad," James and Cassie turned to look at her. A warm smile etched on Cassie's face. "I have some news," Stella started and I don't want either of you to be upset," She whispered. James furrowed his brows. "Should we be nervous?" He asked. 

Stella shook her head. "No, no. I just, um...," Stella sat down across from her parents, knowing if she stood any longer, she'd probably collapse. James grabbed Cassie's hand in her own. Stella had been insistent the night before her younger brothers going to there grandpa's so it must have been big. James felt his heart race pick up when he realized this was the exact age him and Cassie had had her. 

Stella fiddled with her thumbs as she looked between her parents and then down at her lap. "So, I suppose I should start by introducing you to them," Stella mumbled. James went rigid and Cassie started rubbing the back of his hand with her thumb. "There's no need to be nervous, dear," Cassie said, talking to both James and her daughter. 

Stella nodded. She looked over her shoulder, through the door she had previously walked through. "Finely," Stella called. James wanted to hate the name. He was hoping it'd be Jake or Brad or something easy to hate-scratch that, if his name was Brad, James would probably kill him right there in the kitchen. A Brad couldn't be a dad, it wasn't in the stars. 

A thin girl stepped into the kitchen with tan skin and short black hair. Her ears were covered in piercings and she wore a jean jacket with a cropped tee and jeans. There was ink peaking out from under the left sleeve of the jacket. James felt relief wash over him and a grin spread across Cassie's face. 

Stella stood up from the table and slipped her hand inside of Finley's. "Mum, Dad, this is my...girlfriend, Finely," Stella said, turning to looked towards the two of them. James jumped up from the table and threw his arms around Finely. Stella's eyes widened as Cassie held back a chuckled. 

"Welcome to the family," James said. Cassie stood up and grabbed Stella's hands in her own. "That's what you were so worried to tell us?" She asked as James let go of Finely, and yanked Stella away from Cassie and into a tight embrace. Stella nodded. "Yes, she's also a muggle and I told her about magic," Stella whispered as James pulled away. Cassie smiled wider. Oh, Draco was going to faint when he heard. 

James chuckled. "I thought you were pregnant," He admitted. Stella's face went red. "No!" She shrieked. Finley smirked. "That's something you won't have to worry, sir," Finely joked. Stella's face went even redder as she buried her face into her hands, her blonde curls falling in front of her face. James chuckled and pointed at Finely. "I like her," 

Stella scoffed. "Yeah, you two will get right along," She muttered. 

Author's note

And that's a wrap folks