-Eleven-

Cassie turned to her dad. "An emergency really? I'm your daughter!" She shrieked. Draco sighed. "Yeah I can tell. You're just as dramatic and self absorbed." Cassie glared at him before pouting again. "I've never been to a doctor's appointment alone." She whined. Draco sighed. "You won't be alone. James is going with. You're having a baby, soon you're going to be taking it to doctor's appointments." 

Cassie groaned. "But it'll be awkward if it's just me and James." She said ignoring her dad's last statement. Draco sighed. "You'll be fine. You have to get past the awkward stage or else all of it will be awkward and you won't be able to raise a kid together." Cassie groaned. "Fine!" She crossed her arms over her chest and walked over to the floo network. "I'm sorry, Cassie, but-" She was gone before he could finish. Draco chuckled and shook his head. 

Cassie landed in the waiting room. She had a glared on her face until she saw Albus. A smile grew on her face as she walked over to him. "What are you doing here?" Albus looked up at her. "I thought you wanted me to come? I mean you 'accidentally' put all the details." Cassie smiled. "I did want you to come and it was accidentally." She whispered. Albus stood up. 

"Listen, Cass. I haven't forgotten the thing yet and like you said I probably won't forget about it but I miss you and I still love you." Cassie grinned and looked down at her feet. "So does that mean..." She trailed off. Albus chuckled and wrapped his arms around Cassie's waist. He pulled her into him. "Yes." He whispered before leaning down and kissing her. 

James walked stepped out of the floo and froze when he saw Cassie and Albus kissing. He looked down at his feet and cleared his throat. Cassie and Albus quickly pulled away. Albus groaned. "You're here?" James nodded. "Yes, I do believe I am the baby daddy unless you two lied and really did do the Chinese checkers," Albus glared at his brother. James chuckled. "Why are you here anyways?" He asked. Albus wrapped an arm around Cassie and pulled her into his side. "I'm here for my girlfriend. James bit his tongue and nodded. "Well, what are we waiting for? I want to see my kid." Cassie looked between the two brothers. 

"We're uh, we have to wait for the healer to call us back." Cassie whispered. James nodded and walked over to a chair. He plopped down and ran his hand through his hair a few times, messing it up more. 

Albus and James were complete opposites and it showed. James was blind for one, well without his glasses. Albus usually wore contacts but sometimes he'd wear glasses. He'd also leave his hair messy sometimes but not all the time, it was mostly gelled back while James' hair looked like he had just had sex. 

They had both played quidditch but different positions. James played seeker while Albus was keeper. They were in completely different houses, liked completely different things, and different tastes in friends but there was one thing the two had in common, other than their last name, Cassie. 

Albus had liked Cassie since fourth year and they started dating secretly in Albus' fifth year until they were outed by someone (James) anonymously.  They only reason they hadn't done anything is because they wanted it to be special and on their one year anniversary. 

The door separating the waiting room opened. "Miss Malfoy?" Cassie stood up. "That's me." Albus and James both stood up and the healer chuckled. "Well it certainly does take a village doesn't it? Come on, I'll show you to the room." 

Cassie nodded and Albus laced his fingers together with hers. James made a look of disgust. He pretended to throw up as they followed the healer back, causing her to laugh. "I'm healer Ryder." She said with a smile.

She hopped up on the tables. James and Albus stood on either side of her as the healer pulled a stool up. "So who's the father?" She asked looking between James and Albus. James smiled smugly. "That'd be me." Healer Ryder nodded. "Alright, I have some paperwork for you and miss Malfoy to fill out here." James' smile fell. He hated paperwork. It was work. 

Dr. Ryder handed them two separate clipboards and Cassie stared down at it in confusion. "Um....Al?" She whispered. Albus looked down at her. "Yeah?" Cassie looked up. "Can you go find my dad? I don't know the answer to half of these questions. He should be around her somewhere." Albus chuckled. "Sure, babe." Albus leaned over and kissed Cassie's forehead before leaving. James rolled his eyes as he clicked his pen. 

"Your father's healer Malfoy?" She asked. Cassie nodded. "Yeah, the prick got called into a medical emergency instead of coming here with me." She mumbled. Healer Ryder chuckled. "I'm sure it's important if he's missing this." Cassie nodded as she filled out the answers she knew best. 

James glanced over at Cassie. "So, uh, what is it you wanted to talk about?" Cassie's head snapped up. "Hmm?" James sighed. "In the letter you sent me, you said you wanted to talk about something and I figured since Albus came we weren't getting lunch anymore." Cassie's brows knitted together as she nodded. "We're still getting lunch. I'll tell you then alright." 

The door opened and Albus walked in followed by Draco. "Cassie, my patient is in labor, what could you possibly need?" Cassie sighed. "This is why I needed you to come with me. I have no idea what," Cassie looked at the clipboard squinting. "Genetic disorders run in our family?" Draco shrugged. "None, our genes are perfect." Cassie tilted her head. "Are you sure? Because from what I've heard from Nan about Aunt Bella is that she was pretty off her rocker." Draco sighed and thought for a minute. "I think  your aunt Daphne has Hemophilia." 

Cassie scribbled that down. "Alright and What do I put for," Cassie's face fell. "Does your family have any bad history with pregnancies?" Draco's breath caught. He walked over to Cassie and took the clipboard. "Pen?" He asked, holding his hand out. 

Cassie gave him the pen and Draco scribbled something down. His eyes scanned over the paper and he answered a few more questions. Draco handed the clipboard back to Cassie as James looked up. "What the hell is postpartum depression?" James asked. Draco looked over at him. "It's a depression some mothers or fathers face after the birth of the baby." Cassie bit her lip. "My mom went through it with Scorp." She whispered. 

James nodded, his mouth forming into an O. He checked something off and handed the clipboard to healer Ryder. Draco sighed. "Is that all, Cassie? Or can I go check on my patient? She should be nine centimeters now." Cassie crossed her arms over her chest. "Fine." She mumbled. Draco turned and left. 

Cassie answered any blank questions and handed the clipboard to Healer Ryder. She smiled and set them aside. "Alright, Cassie, can I call you Cassie?" Cassie nodded. "Could you lay down please?" Cassie laid down as Healer Ryder turned to Albus. "Hun, I need you to move aside. I need to stand there." Albus nodded. "Right, sorry." Albus moved to the other side of the bed and glared at James. James rolled his eyes. "Careful, Albie. You don't want your face to get stuck like that then Cassie wouldn't date you." That made Albus glare harder. "Shut up, you prick. Don't forget she chose me over you." 

James rolled his eyes. "There never was a choice and besides who did she sleep with, Albie? Who's b..quaffle is in her stomach? Hmm? Is it yours?" Albus shook his head. "She was drunk!" He shrieked. "If she hadn't have been drunk we wouldn't be here right now-""SHUT UP!" Cassie screamed. Both boys looked down at her. "You two need to stop bickering like children. I will gladly kick the both of you out and continue this on my own." James' eyes fell on the floor as Albus rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Sorry, babe." He whispered. "Sorry, Cassie." James mumbled. Cassie turned towards Healer Ryan, who was holding a bottle of gel. Cassie pulled her shirt up and Healer Ryder squeezed the gel onto it. She grabbed a transducer and placed it on Cassie's stomach. "Alright, let's see the little guy-""Or girl." James cut in." Cassie looked up at him and James shrugged. "What? Gender equality, man." Cassie stared at him for a moment before shaking her head and turning back to Healer Ryder. 

A small oval appeared on a screen hovering above them. Cassie smiled as tears filled her eyes. James had just about the same reaction as his eyes flickered over the screen. "Oh my god, it's like a little golden snitch." Cassie looked up at him. "Is everything about quidditch with you?" Healer Ryder chuckled. "It's actually the size of a raspberries." 

Cassie smiled and as she went to look back at the screen her eyes fell on Albus. He was frowning as he stared at the screen. Cassie felt a pang in her chest and suddenly she regretted inviting him. Cassie shook her head and buried that feeling deep, deep down. Of course she wanted Albus here. She loved him.