-Seventeen-

Cassie, Scorpius, and Sirius sat in an empty supply closet, each eating a bowl of ice cream. There was thirty minutes til midnight and there was no doubt people were looking for them but they didn't care. 

Scorpius moved his ice cream around before taking a bite. "I miss her." He whispered. Cassie and Sirius nodded in agreement. Sirius chuckled. "Remember the time Dad bought our first muggle TV and he tried setting it up the muggle way but failed miserably?" He asked with a smile. Cassie chuckled. "So then mum set it up and was a complete boss at it. Dad was bloody pissed." Scorpius joined in on the laughing. "He volunteered to sleep on the couch." Cassie scooped some ice cream into her mouth. 

"To which mum responded with," Sirius started. "'Hun, men are the weaker sex, we mothers can do anything we put our minds too. I think it's time you learn that'" The three siblings said in unison." Cassie's smile fell. "Those were the last words she said to us all." She whispered. Sirius and Scorpius stopped laughing and looked at their sister. 

"Why was the last thing she told you guys?" Sirius asked. Cassie looked over at him. "'Get your father, the baby's coming.'" Cassie whispered. Sirius turned to Scorpius. "What about you, Scorp?" Scorpius smiled. "She asked me what I wanted to name Leo." Cassie leaned over. "Well what did you say?" Scorpius chuckled. "Scooby Doo." Cassie chuckled at that. "You were nine." Scorpius made a face of disgust. "Yes and I had terrible taste obviously." Sirius stared at him shocked. "Don't you disrespect that dog! Scooby Doo's name is waaaay better than your's anyway." Scorpius chuckled. "Coming from the man named Sirius Lee." 

Cassie turned to Sirius. "What about you? What were her last words to you?" Sirius' smile fell and he looked down at the ground. "You know I'm not jealous of you guys often but I think in this category, you have me beat," Cassie's brows knitted together as Scorpius tilted his head. Tears brimmed Sirius' eyes. "I think she knew something was going to go wrong," Sirius whispered. His voice was hoarse now and cracked towards the end. Cassie placed her hand on his bicep. "She uh, called me into her room and sat me down to talk. It's not really a couple words more like a speech. I remember every word." Cassie shifted. "What did she say, Sirius?" 

Sirius took a deep breath. "'You're father loves you, Sirius. No matter how lost he gets he will always love you. Times get hard but that's okay, we move through them and there's a rainbow around every corner. When sometimes dies don't mourn their death. Celebrate them that's what I want you to do if I die. Don't cry over me, celebrate me and help your father with your siblings. He's going to have his hands full with Cassie as it is.'" Cassie felt her heart break. "Oh, Sirius." She whispered. Sirius looked up at them. He scratched his forehead. "I-I, A part of me hates her for it but she's mum. I mean why couldn't I have gotten a normal goodbye. Why did I have to get the speech. I talked to dad a few years ago and she didn't say anything to him," 

Scorpius shook his head. "I went through the rest of that day worrying every minute and to hear those fears confirmed..." Sirius trailed off as tears spilled from his eyes. "It was unbearable." Sirius whispered. Cassie pulled him into a tight hug and Scorpius soon joined in. 

"I'm scared," Cassie whispered. "I'm scared that the same thing that happened to mum will happen to me." Sirius pulled away from the hug. "Don't worry about that, Cassie. You're not mum. It won't happen. Everything will be fine." Sirius told her. Scorpius nodded, pulling away. "He's right. You and James are going to make excellent parents and I'm sure one day you'll yell at them for hiding out in a broom cupboard during a fancy ball." Cassie chuckled. "Yeah, we should probably go before Dad or Rose finds us." Scorpius' eyes widened. "I'd take Dad over Rose any day. That girl got the Weasley temper." Cassie stood up. "Let's go then. I should see if Albus is awake." 

Cassie was walking towards the family restroom. She pushed the door open to see Albus still passed out, snoring soundly. Cassie chuckled and walked over. She picked his head up and sat down, placing it onto her lap. Cassie started playing with his hair and Albus' eyes blinked open. "Hey." Cassie whispered. Albus grinned. "Hey." He slurred, definitely still drunk. He went to sit up but Cassie laid her hand on his chest. "You should get some more rest if you don't want your parents to kill you." Albus nodded and laid his head back down. Cassie smiled, continuing to run her fingers through his hair. 

The door opened and Cassie looked up to see James. She gave him a warm smile. "Hey." James gave her a goofy grin. "You didn't tell me you could play piano." He whispered. Cassie chuckled. "Yes, well I can play piano and sing as you saw earlier." James walked over and plopped down in one of the chairs. 

"It's almost midnight." James stated. Cassie nodded. "Another new year," She whispered. "With a new challenge." James' eyes fell on Albus. "You're not mad at him anymore?" James asked. Cassie nodded. "No, I am especially after he drank so much, but I think he might need to come to my house tonight." James chuckled. "Can I come too? I'm a little buzzed. That champagne's pretty strong." He joked. Cassie nodded. "Sure." James hadn't expected a yes. He smiled, bitting his lip. 

"Happy New Year, blondie." Cassie looked up. "Happy New Year, Jamesie." James grinned knowing he had a nickname now. Albus didn't have a nickname. Albus was just Albus Severus, not Albie or some other nickname. James smiled contently to himself and laid his head against the wall.