Revisiting Memories

"bill gates is across the fucking street, he's gonna see my dick" 

- Steve Jobs

Arin's POV

It's been a few weeks since the Samara incident and Dan and I have never been more on edge. I can't get the things she had been saying out of my head. Dan told me she said something about writers, he thinks she was just a batshit crazy druggie, but I get a really bad feeling that it's more than that. What if all of this is just a story, I mean I know that we joke about being written by two teenage girls but that can't be true right? Are we just doomed to be two pawned constantly put through trauma for the entertainment of others. Why us? Why the hell were we chosen to be put into this hell. I told Samara that the only way out was death, but that can't be it. I can't spend the next sixty year of my life put through hell after hell. I want to be let go. 

We have to be getting to the end right? How much entertainment can you get from one story? How much hell can you force two people to go through before the audience get bored? Before the reader grows tired of their work? It has to end. But that's just it, what if our creators, our Gods I suppose, are fans of an unhappy ending. If Samara was right, if this is all just a story written by two sadistic children, how does it end? I have read enough fanfiction to know that the ending is almost never happy. Especially if the writers have put their victims through every circle of hell. This is hell. I just hope they are merciless enough to give us a happy ending. After all, they haven't killed us yet.

~~~~~~~~~~

I have decided to not think about my existence anymore, it gives me a headache. 

Dan and I are sitting in our living room and we are talking about all the shit that has happened since that day in May. "You know all of this started with a Link x Zelda's Dad fiction." Dan says with a smirk on his face.

"OH MY GOD, THE FANFICTION!" I exclaim and he giggles already opening wattpad. He opens the drafts that changed our entire lives and the first fucking sentence I read is, 'it's like a carrot.' And now, after everything we've gone through, now that I am not filled with gay panic. I lose my fucking shit. 

"Like a fucking carrot Dan? THAT was how you wanted to tell me you felt the same way about me?" His cheeks flush as he chuckles.

"What can I say? It got you didn't it?" He says teasingly shoving my shoulder softly. I giggle.

"I'm a simple man with simple needs and you know my goochi gets wet at the mention of a big ass nose." I say and he loses his mind doing the cute ass thing that he does when he laughs really hard and tells me to stop while leaning into my lap. I run my hand through his hair and he sits up.

"Hey, hey, hey," I say in his ear as he looks at me.

"What, what, what?" He asks with a smile playing on his lips.

"Gimme a kiss," I say in the voice, you know the one. He laughs and immediately places his lips on mine. This is nice, for the first time in a while I get to spend quality time with my boyfriend, without Minerva coming in every ten minutes to check one of our vitals. The smell of hospitals used to make me nauseous, now it just makes me sad. 

"Hey babe, crazy idea," Dan says wrapping his arm around me pulling me close to him.

"Oh god, what?" I ask smiling and he turns the laptop towards me.

"One more chapter for old times sake?" He says and I sigh.

"Why the hell not?" I ask and he opens a new draft beginning to type.

After a few months, everything seemed to be coming together for the two men. Link and the King had been happily dating and Zelda had actually found a spark with the daughter of King Dorephan, the ruler of Zora's Domain, Mipha. After coming to accept Link and her father she left for a while, trying to figure shit out for herself. She found a new strength with Mipha, one she could never have with Link. 

The king paced around his chamber waiting for Link to get back from Rito Village, he was sent there to make sure all is good with the champions. However, he was gone for longer than the king wanted and he was beginning to grow worried. That's when he heard the gates to the castle and hears the whinny of Mr. Beesechurger, Links noble steed. He runs to meet his tiny twink boyfriend and pulls him in for a hug.

After reviewing what had been going on with the rito's the two sat down to eat dinner, "I have a surprise for you." The king says to Link causing his elf ears to perk up from the  Gourmet Meat Curry that the chef had prepared for them. 

"A surprise, my liege?" Link asks and the king smiles endearingly. 

"Finish eating quickly puppy, I'd like to get the traveling done before it gets too dark." The king says and Link looks at him inquisitively, smiling at his nickname. 

"Travel?" He asks and the king smirks.

"Ah, ah, ah no more questions puppy, it's a surpise." The king-

"Okay, okay hold the fucking phone." I blurt staring at Dan who is very invested in what he's writing.

"What?" He asks looking up at me.

"Two questions, one, when the fuck did your writing improve? And two, puppy?" I ask and Dan smiles.

"Okay so for the first question, I had a lot of time to improve with all the hospital visits and shit, you know? And for the second one, it's like kitten." He says and I look at him confused.

"But why puppy and not kitten?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Because Link is a fucking dog, you can not tell me that he isn't a golden retriever." He says and I open my mouth to speak and then quickly close.

"Well uh, continue I guess." I say and he smiles.

"Thank you." He says sarcastically and goes right back to writing furiously.

The king coos at the small elf sitting beside him. "You must wait for your surprise." He says and Link huffs shoveling the meal down before quickly hopping up, excited to see what the love of his life had planned. 

The king chuckles taking Link's hand and pulling him out to the courtyard, lifting Link onto Bear, the king's favorite horse, and then climbing onto the horse himself. As they gallop out of the castle Link tries to ask again where they were going but the king silenced him with a kiss. After about a twenty-minute trip they arrive at their destination. One Link didn't know that well. The peak of Satori Mountain. After they had passed a large apple tree forest and a few other fruit trees, they finally made it to the spot. A small pond over-shadowed by a cherry blossom tree. The blossoms had fallen into the pond, giving it a pink when, when accompanied by the sunset, took my breath away. 

We hop off Bear and the king leads me to the edge of the mountain admiring the sunset. "Isn't it beautiful?" He asks gesturing to the setting sun over the vast Kingdom, that together they ruled. As Link looked on, he saw the king shift beside him in his peripheral, as he turned to look he saw the king on one knee. Link gaped at the ring in his hand and the look on the king's face.

"My wonderful boyfriend, after all we have been through and all the challenges that we have faced. I am ready to pursue, a hopefully more peaceful life with you. Spent fucking knitting or whatever married people do. I love you, so much and spending the rest of my life with you is the only thing I'm really certain of anymore. You are my best friend and always will be. You make each day I wake up brighter, each night I sleep easier. You are my first and last thought every day and I want to show you that the best I can. And that is through marriage. I want to be your husband, to call you mine. To put a ring on that pretty little finger. So, I guess what I'm asking is, Arin Hanson, will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man alive, and marry me?" 

My heart stops. I look up at him to see him already looking at me. He has tears in his eyes and a huge smile on his lips. He sets the laptop on the table and gets onto the floor pulling out a small box. He opens it to reveal a small but absolutely stunning ring.

"Oh my god, is it even a fucking question, of course, I'll marry you, you goof," I say and he slides the ring onto my finger before standing up and pulling me into the tightest bear hug I've ever felt, and I have never felt so safe, and so loved as I do right now.

So I guess if this is all just a story, this is a part I can be okay with.