Long-Lasting Forevers

"At one point Santa Claus was a nazi."

-Jack Sparrow

Arin's POV

God, he was awake. I had my Dan back. I lay in the hospital bed with him our fingers intertwined as we watch the shitty soap operas on the TV. We turned off the captions and have spent twenty minutes talking in high pitched voices for the characters writing our own stupid storyline.

"Oh, Fernando!" I yell dramatically in a high pitched voice clutching my chest to mimic the character on screen. "How could you do this to me? How could you cheat on me with my mailbox?!" I barely get through the last sentence without starting to laugh. Dan loses it and squeezes my hand tighter as he laughs.

"Mailbox Arin?" He asks through giggles and I nod.

"He put his package in her mailbox," I say attempting a straight face.

"Jesus christ babe did you just quote MY song?" He asks and I cup his face with my hand.

"You know it," I say before kissing him. 

"Did he also make love to all her chairs and drop a load in her washer?" He asked me his lips still inches from mine.

"Oh you know he did," I say smiling pulling him in for another kiss. After a few seconds, he pulls away and our attention returns to the TV. As I watch I can feel Dan's gaze on me and I look over at him and a grin spreads across his face. 

"Yes, love?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"It's so crazy, everything that's happened. I'm in the hospital holding hands with my best friend who coincidentally I'm in love with. Who's ex-wife chucked a fucking shot glass at me and put me into a coma. What the fuck dude, when did our life start sounding like a fanfiction written by two very tired teenage girls?" He asks and we both laugh as he pulls me closer.

"I don't know but I wouldn't have it any other way. I mean maybe without the coma and the crazy ex-wife. But being here with you right now is everything I ever wanted, even if it is in a hospital bed." I say and his smile grows.

"I mean you're not the one that got a shot glass chucked at him," he says laughing. "I would much rather we had a civilized discussion with your wife, but I'm glad it's me in the hospital instead of you." He says kissing my forehead lightly and I shake my head.

"No I wish it was me, I'd take a bullet for you any day," I say and he sighed gripping my hand tighter.

"I'd never let that happen Arin." He says kissing me once more.