XII.

Chapter Twelve.

When Friday came, Zealand couldn't conceal his excitement to tell Xavia that his interview at Best Buy went great, and that he got hired on the spot. Even though he had no prior work experience, someone would be training him for a week, and then he'd be able to be out on the floor assisting customers like all the other sales associates.
Zee would be working part time, coming in at 3pm and staying until closing time on weekdays. On weekends, he'd be working from 8am to 2pm.

Zealand still didn't know how he was going to tell his father. That was an ass whooping bound to happen.
He'd cross that bridge when he got there, though. He was just happy that he'd finally be making his own money.

As he entered Ms.Cross's class, he saw Xavia already sitting at their usual table.

"Hey." He greeted, making her look up at him with a small smile. "Hey Zealand."

"I got some good news." He said, taking a seat next to her.

"Lay it on me."

"Well, my interview went way better than expected and I start work next week."

Xavia gasped, "See, I told you that you'd get the job! Congratulations."

"Thank you." He chuckled. "I even got complimented on my outfit, thanks to a certain somebody." Zealand playfully nudged Xavia.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She said, trying to hide the smile that was slowly making its way on to her lips.

"Yeah okay, whatever you say."

Xavia turned to look at Zealand, eyeing his head.

"What?" He asked with a raised brow once he noticed she was looking at him.

"You should let me braid your hair." Xavia said, reaching up to touch his slightly frizzy coils. Zealand's hair was a dark brown color, and looked sandy when he stepped out into the sun. It needed a good trim and line up, but it wasn't too bad.

"Do my hair how?"

"Maybe some straight back braids into a man bun?" She said, caressing his hair thoughtlessly. Zealand usually didn't like people touching him, but he had grown somewhat comfortable with Xavia. It actually felt good to have her fingers in his head.

"Uh huh.." He mumbled, slowly closing his eyes as she started massaging his scalp.

She continued to do this until the bell rung for class to began. Zealand groaned as Xavia's hands suddenly disappeared from his scalp. "Sorry." She laughed.

As Ms.Cross began with the lesson, they both pulled out their notebooks and previous notes as usual.

••

Once school let out, Xavia headed over to her parents house. When she pulled up in the driveway, her father was outside shining up the rims on his matte black Jaguar F-Type Coupe.

"Daddy, this car is beautiful!" Xavia exclaimed as she got out of her own vehicle. Ronald smiled, throwing the towel over his shoulder.

"She is, isn't she? I picked her up from the dealership last week." He said, patting the hood.

"Xavi, I saw a brand new pink Jeep you would've liked."

She chuckled, "I'm good daddy. My Nissan works just fine for me."

Xavia was never the flashy type. The newest cars, clothes, and shoes didn't really excite her. She was surprised that her father event went out and spent money on a new car. He was such a penny pincher.