XXXVII.

Chapter Thirty Seven.

One Week Later.

It had been a week since the whole video leaking incident, and Zealand was still going through a tidal wave of emotions. Not because of Hailey, but because of Xavia. He felt terrible for never taking her word. She was right about Hailey the whole time, yet he was too caught up on the simple fact that he actually had a girlfriend to even notice. After being single since he was fresh out of the womb, Zealand felt like he was on top of the world when he began dating Hailey. Now, he felt like his whole world had came crashing down.

According to the gossip that floated around the halls from other students, Hailey now went to an alternative school targeted for troubled teens that was in another part of the city. Zee didn't care where Hailey was, as long as she was far away from him. The distraught girl had attempted to call and text her ex boyfriend many times, yet Zealand had blocked her number and her social media accounts. The photos they had taken together all got deleted from his camera roll, as well as off of his Instagram. He wanted no ties or dealings with her.

When school let out for the day, Xavia walked to her car as she usually did. With her eyes glued to her phone, she didn't notice Zealand standing next to the vehicle. Xavi finally looked up, and almost shitted bricks.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, clutching her chest. A sigh then left her lips when she realized it was Zee who was standing there. "You scared the hell out of me." Xavia told him, trying to catch her breath.

"My bad." He said.

"Why are you by my car?" She questioned, pressing the unlock button on her remote.

Zealand stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry. I put Hailey before you, and I shouldn't have. Over the past few days, I've been taking some time to just sit back and think. All of this could've been avoided if I would have gotten to know her more instead of jumping to get into a relationship. Everybody's true colors eventually come out." He said, staring at Xavia.

She shifted her weight from leg to leg, looking down at the concrete beneath her feet. Xavi knew she couldn't stay mad at him forever, in fact she didn't want to. But, she was still going to stand her ground.

"Zealand, I really don't appreciate how you came at me the other day." She told him sternly.

"I know, and trust me, it's been eating me up inside. I truly am sorry, Xavi." Zee told her, moving closer to her slightly.

Xavia sighed, sucking her teeth. "Fine. You're forgiven." She said. Though she forgave him, that didn't mean they were back to being buddy-buddy. She was about to make him earn his 'friend' title back.

"Thank you." He smiled, opening his arms and leaning in to hug her. Xavia quickly dodged his hug, which caused him to frown.

"Back up, sir. We aren't friends." She told him.

"I thought you said I was forgiven?"  He was puzzled as to why Xavi was acting the way she was.

"I know what I said. You are forgiven, but I'm not letting you back in that easily."

Zealand then smacked his lips, "Really?"

"Yep. Now if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be." She lied, knowing she didn't have anywhere to be. Xavia then got in her car and started it up. Zee removed himself away from the car, shaking his head.

Putting a little fire under his ass would make him sweat.

••

"School is going to be so boring without you. I'm about to cry." Xavi pouted as she sat on FaceTime with Arnecia, who happened to be sneaking her phone since her parents took it away. On top of her getting expelled, she would also be on punishment for three months. Niecey had been skating on thin ice with her parents, and this was their last straw. She would be finishing off the last portion of senior year doing an online homeschooling program.