XXVI.

Chapter Twenty Six.

"So now do you understand a little bit better?" Zealand asked Harmony, and she nodded.

"Yes, I do." She told him. Zee decided to sit down with his sister and talk to her more about life and death and what exactly death meant. After her meltdown about their mother the previous evening, Zealand knew that talking to her about it would be the best thing to do.

"Good." He said, rubbing his thumb across the back of her hand.

"Zee, are you excited for Thanksgiving? It's in three days." Harmony said.

"Eh." Zealand shrugged. Holidays didn't bring him joy like it seemed to do for everybody else. It was just a regular old day in his mind.  "I'm just ready for the food."

"Is dad cooking?"

"Nope. Granny said she's fixing us some plates and having them brought to us, though. I think Toya is the one bringing them over here." Zealand told his sister.

"Cool! I love granny's cooking."

Before he could reply, Zealand's phone began to ring. He pulled it out of the pocket of his basketball shorts, and saw that Draya was calling him.

"Hello-"

"Zealand, what the hell have you been buying?!" Draya yelled into the phone, causing him to hold the phone away from his ear.

"What are you talking about auntie?" He questioned, voice full of confusion.

"I checked the account for the black card I gave you, and it's been overdrawn $3,000! Zee, I thought you'd be more responsible than this."

"Hold up, how is that possible? I haven't even been using that card. I try not to touch it unless I'm in urgent need of something. I've been using my own Capital One debit card for recent purchases. That's where my direct deposits from my job go."

"Well something isn't adding up because when I called the bank, the lady said that the most recent purchase was made earlier today at Todd Snyder."

"What the hell.." Zealand mumbled, scratching his head. "What is Todd Snyder?"

"An expensive designer suit warehouse for men."

All of a sudden, a lightbulb went off in his head. "Hold up, auntie." He told her, getting up from his seat at the kitchen table.

Zealand went in his room, and cut on the light. Going in his drawer, he dug through his boxers and finally grabbed his wallet. He kept it hidden for obvious reasons.

When he opened his wallet, he saw his Capital One card, a twenty dollar bill, his student I.D, a few coins and a picture of Harmony that he kept in there. Everything was in its place except for the black card. It was gone.

Zee sighed, running a hand down his face. "I think my pops got the card. It's not in my wallet no more." He told Draya.

He didn't have his wallet on him all the time, so he didn't know how long the card had been gone. Apple Pay was what he mainly used when he was out somewhere and needed to buy something.

She let out a sigh as well. "Zee, I told you to keep that card out of his sight and reach. Now look at what happened."

"Aunt Draya I'm sorry, I really am, but I don't know how he could've gotten it. I keep my wallet hidden in my drawer under my drawls. He must've went through my stuff."

Draya was quiet for a couple seconds. "Look, don't worry about it nephew. I'll take care of it." She said, before hanging up.

Zealand shook his head. He slid his phone back into his pocket, then cut off his light and exited his room. Going back into the kitchen, he sat in the chair he was sitting in before.