XLVIII.

Chapter Forty Eight.

A Week Later.

Zealand stood in front of the bathroom mirror, looking at himself. He fiddled with the tie around his neck as his mind raced with many thoughts. It was a huge day for him, as well as Harmony and Draya. Today would be the day that they testified against Eddie in court, and found out if their aunt would officially be their legal guardian.

Xavia would be accompanying them in the courtroom and coming forward as one of the witnesses. She hoped and prayed that Zee and Harmony got the justice that they very well deserved. No child or children should have to endure physical nor verbal abuse from anyone, especially a parent.

Zealand wasn't too thrilled about having to see his father today. It had been a total of four months since they were in each other's presence, so there would definitely be some tension.

Meanwhile, Draya couldn't wait. She was ready to take Eddie down once and for all. Zealand and Harmony meant the world to her, so for them, she'd go to war. He had caused them enough pain and trauma, so it was her job to ensure that they never had to deal with that ever again. She had spent the past month or so gathering information, going over court rules, preparing her documents, identifying and analyzing evidence, etc.

After Zealand was finished fixing himself up, he left out of the bathroom and accompanied his aunt and sister in the living room.

"Are y'all ready to go?" Draya asked as she slipped her feet into a pair of black stiletto heels.

"Yes ma'am." The siblings replied in unison.

"Come here, sweetheart." Draya told Harmony. She walked over to where her aunt was. Draya crouched down so that she was eye to eye level with her niece.

"Listen Harm, today I need you to be a big girl. I need you to tell the judge, as well as the district attorney everything that your daddy did to you and Zealand, okay? Please don't hesitate or hold back. Putting everything out on the table is the only way auntie will be able to win this case."

"Okay, auntie. I promise, I'll spill all the tea." Harmony said, causing her aunt to laugh.

"That's right baby, spill the tea." Draya then stood back up and looked over at her nephew.

"How you feeling about today, neph?" She questioned.

He shrugged. "I don't know, to be honest. I'm having mixed emotions. I'm nervous, excited, and scared all at the same time."

"I get that. Just know, everything will work out in our favor."

"But what if-"

"Aht, let's not even think about any what ifs. Now, come on. The driver is downstairs waiting on us. We gotta be at the courthouse in 30 minutes and I'm already knowing there's probably traffic. Harm, blow that candle out for me right quick."

Harmony walked over to the coffee table where the Fresh Coconut & Cotton candle was burning and blew the flame out.

All three of them then exited the condo and road the elevator down. Once they were on the first floor, they exited the building and looked for the limousine that Draya's personal driver was in. They spotted it, and walked over to it. The driver got out, and opened the back door so that they could get in.

Once they were in the limo and strapped in their seatbelts, the driver shut the door and went back to the driver side. He got in and put the car in drive before pulling off.

For the duration of the ride, Zealand bit his nails and bounced his leg up and down. Harmony on the other hand didn't seem to have a care in the world as she did what she usually did, which was play games on her IPad.