LIX.

Chapter Fifty Nine.

"Here, Niecey." Xavia said as she stuck her hand out of her car window. She drove to her cousins house to drop off three graduation tickets for her, as well as aunt Luna and uncle Garrett.

"Thanks, Xavi. Oh! I have something for you in return." Arnecia said, tucking the tickets away before pulling an envelope out of the pocket of her VS Pink hoodie.

"What's this?" Xavia questioned, taking it from her.

"Well, I went to the doctor today and I made 18 weeks, so they were able to determine the sex of my baby. I told them I didn't want to know what it is, but they gave me the gender scan report and now I'm giving it to you."

"Oh my goodness! I'm so happy!" Xavi squealed In excitement. "Wait, why me?"

"You're my designated gender keeper. So, when I have my gender reveal party, you'll be the only one there that knows. Not even my parents know." Niecey smiled.

"Aw, I'm gonna cry. I feel so honored." Xavia fanned her eyes. Meanwhile, Arnecia insisted on rolling hers.

"So dramatic." She chuckled. "Anyways, I want you to look at it when you get home."

"Oh, you know I will! I'm shaking in my damn boots right now." She said and they both laughed.

"Ready for school to be over?" Niecey asked once the laughter died down.

"Hell yeah! We haven't been doing much work, but we take final exams next week so everybody has been cramming for them. I can't wait to get these finals out of the way so that I can finally be stress free."

"I felt that. I took my finals this week and it seemed like they were twice as hard since they were online." Niecey exclaimed.

"Really? I thought it would've been easier that way."

"Nah, not at all. We literally had someone monitor us while testing through the screen, which they said was to prevent cheating."

"Damn, that's doing too much." Xavi shook her head.

"Right? Entirely way too much!" Arnecia agreed. "But, I'm not gonna hold you up. I know you probably have to study. Thank you for bringing the tickets!"

"Yeah, unfortunately I do have to study." Xavi sighed. "And of course! Thank you for selecting me to be the gender keeper."

They said their goodbyes and parted ways. Xavia headed back to her house, where she'd be locked in her room trying to prepare for the last few assessments of the school year.

"If y'all need me, I'll be studying!" She hollered to her parents as she came through the front door and instantly hit the stairs, jogging up them.

"Have fun with that!" Ronald called out, causing Xavi to playfully roll her eyes. Now, who in the world actually enjoyed studying? Nobody she could think of.

Once she was in her room, she sat at her desk and pulled out all of the needed study materials from her backpack. Xavi turned her lamp on so that she could see, made sure she had pens, pencils, and highlighters, then placed her phone on DND.

"Alexa, play some soft study music!" Xavi called out to her Amazon Echo that was in the windowsill.

"Okay, now playing: Study music radio." Alexa replied.

Serene music then began to play quietly in the background. It helped her to focus, as well as relax. She didn't want to be too relaxed, though. It would cause her to go to sleep.

Xavia put her reading glasses on, then cracked her fingers. "Okay, Let's get start- oh wait! Almost forgot." She said out loud to herself, grabbing her purse. Xavi then went inside of it and got the envelope that Arnecia gave her. She eagerly tore it open, and pulled out the gender scan report. Her eyes glanced at it, before going wide.