XV.

Chapter Fifteen.

Monday.

Zealand sat in his fifth period class, which was Computer Science, bored out of his mind. He hated this class for two reasons. For one, it was a mix between all four grade levels: Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors. Secondly, he didn't understand anything that was being taught. Once Zee didn't understand something, his brain would shut down and he'd just drift off into his own little world. As his teacher blabbed on about tech related things, the classroom phone rang. Mr.Yeng went over to it, and picked it up. "Hello?" He answered.

"Yes, he's in here. Send him down? Alright." Mr.Yeng hung up the phone, then looked at Zealand.

"Mr.Carter, head down to the front office with your things. You're going home."

Zealand scrunched his face up in confusion. He knew good and well Eddie wasn't coming to pick him up, so who would be checking him out early?

"I am?" He asked, making Mr.Yeng nod his head.

"Yes sir."

Zealand slowly grabbed his backpack off of the back of his chair and got up. As he made his way to the classroom door, all eyes followed him. This wasn't anything out of the ordinary. People were always staring at him because they thought he was odd.

Zee left the room, and headed down the stairs. A million thoughts were going through his mind. Was there a family emergency? Was Harmony alright? Did Eddie do something stupid? Possibilities were endless.

He made his way down the stairs, then took a left turn to go to the front office. The school receptionist was sitting there, gossiping away with the other office ladies until she seen Zealand approaching the desk.

"Are you Zealand Carter?" She asked, chewing her gum loudly.

"Yes ma'am." He replied.

"Okay, go ahead and sign out for me baby. Your ride is outside."

Zealand grabbed the pen from her, writing his name down on the sign out sheet and the time that he was leaving.

He said goodbye to the receptionist and pushed open the double exit doors of the school. Walking outside, Zee looked around the parking lot. No familiar cars caught his attention, so he was completely lost.

Suddenly, a voice called out his name. "Zealand!"
He turned his head, seeing a metallic grey Mercedes Benz C 300. Walking towards the expensive vehicle, he could see that it still had a paper license plate which meant it was new.

As he approached the car, the window rolled down to reveal a face that he hadn't seen in almost four years.

"Aunt Draya?" Zealand exclaimed in complete shock.

"Surprise." She said nonchalantly with a smile. Even with her wearing dark shades, he could still spot her striking hazel eyes. It was something that she inherited from Zealand's grandfather, yet his mother got stuck with basic dark brown ones.

Draya was India's older sister. She had a great paying job and no kids, so she was the boujee, high class aunt that only came around every once in a while. She lived in New York and was always busy, so it was rare that she visited. Zealand hadn't seen her since his freshman year of high school.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned.

"Get in and we'll talk." She said simply.

Zee walked around to the passengers side door. He opened it, and got inside. The car smelled clean and new, but had a faint scent of perfume lingering around.