XVIII.

Chapter Eighteen.

"Got em!" Zealand hollered as his fingers moved swiftly on the game controller. Call of Duty was one of his all time favorite video games, and now that he had a PS5, he could play whenever he wanted.

His phone was propped up on his dresser as he sat on FaceTime with Xavia, who was folding laundry to put away.

"What are you over there playing?" She asked with a chuckle. It was entertaining to see him being so focused on the game.

"COD Black Ops." He responded, eyes glued to the television screen. Zealand adjusted the headset that he was wearing because his ears were starting to get sweaty, yet he never broke his focus.

"Oh okay." Xavi said, placing a neatly folded shirt in her drawer.

"What was it that you wanted to ask me?" Zealand questioned.

"Oh yeah, I wanted to ask if you're going to be busy on Sunday?"

"Well, I gotta go to work but I get off at 2:30."  He stated, pausing the game. "Why?"

"My little cousin is having a birthday party at Urban Air at 4pm and she's turning ten, so I was thinking maybe you could bring Harmony? And also keep me company because I don't want to be the only teen there." Xavia pouted.

Zealand chuckled, "Alright, I'll come. I might be a little late getting there though because I would have to come home, shower, get dressed and then get Harmony dressed and ready." He told her.

"If you want, I could come over and get Harmony ready. Then, y'all can just ride over there with me." Xavia suggested.

"Really? I don't want to inconvenience you. I do that enough." Zealand said, mumbling the last part.

Xavi smacked her lips. "Boy, don't start. Anyways, it won't be an inconvenience, trust me."

"If you say so. But, yeah I'd really appreciate that."

She nodded. "Bet."

Silence overtook them for a few seconds, before Xavia decided to speak again.

"Um, sooo I seen that you were sitting with Hailey today at lunch. How did you guys meet each other?" She asked out of curiosity.

"This elderly woman in my neighborhood named Ms.Patty babysits Harmony when I have to go to work, and one day when I went to pick Harmony up, Hailey was over there. Come to find out, she's Ms.Patty's granddaughter."

"Ohh.." Xavi trailed off.

"Yeah, so when she came up to me this morning at school I was a bit shocked because I had only seen her that one time when I went to pick up Harmony. She asked if I could show her around and that's what I had been doing basically the whole day." Zealand explained.

"I was shocked to see her too. She came to me to get her hair done one weekend, and that was the last time I saw her."

"I didn't know you did hair." Zee commented, standing up to stretch his legs.

"Yeah, a lot of people don't know. I usually only advertise on social media."

"Harmony has been begging to get boxer braids for a while now. You think you can do them?" He asked.

Xavia tried to contain her laughter, but failed miserably. She bursted into a fit of giggles, leaving Zee looking confused. "What?"

"I'm sorry, did you say boxer braids?" She asked in between laughs.

"Yeah. Is that not what they're called?"

"They're called box braids, not boxer." Xavi corrected him, causing him to smack his lips.