XXXIX.

Chapter Thirty Nine.

"Alright pretty girl, you're done." Xavia told Harmony as she spun her around in the chair. Harmony's eyes left the tv, and focused on the mirror that was now in front of her. Her face lit up as a smile spread widely on her lips. "Oh my gosh, I love my hair!" She exclaimed.

Xavia smiled as well, clapping her hands. "I'm so glad! Let me get a few pictures." She said, wiping her hands on a towel before grabbing her phone and tapping the camera icon. She positioned it in front of Harmony and began snapping photos of the enthusiastic nine year old who was posing as if she was in a fashion show.

After Xavi got a good amount of photos, she let Harmony get up and stretch her stiff arms and legs. She had been sitting a total of seven hours, only getting up once to pee.

It was now around 4:30 in the afternoon, which meant that Zealand would be coming to get his sister soon.

"Xavia, can I have some juice?"

"Sure, Harm. Give me a second." Xavia told her, sweeping up the stray braiding hair that had gotten all over the floor. Once she was done, she dumped it in the trash can before exiting the room and headed to the kitchen.

Opening the refrigerator, she got the jug of Minute Maid tropical punch and a cup out of the cabinet. She carefully poured the juice, and added a pink straw inside before putting the juice back and leaving out of the kitchen.

"Here you go." Xavia handed Harmony the cup once she was back inside of the hair room.

"Thank you."

"Of course."

Three knocks at the front door caught both of their attention. "That's probably your brother."

"You mean your boyfriend." Harmony mumbled with a smirk. Xavia whipped her head around, eyebrows raised. "What did you say?" She chuckled.

"Huh?" Harmony said, scratching her neck just like Zealand would do. She then drunk from her cup of juice.

Xavia playfully sucked her teeth, before laughing lightly. "I'll let that slide."

They both went to the door, and she let Harmony open it. Zealand stood back, admiring his sister. "Uh oh, somebody think they cute."

"I know I'm cute, thank you." She said, flipping her back length braids over her shoulder and placing a hand on her hip.

"Period, don't play with her! That's Big Harm, not the lil' one!" Xavi hyped her up, causing Zee to chuckle.

"Y'all annoying."

"Don't hate." Harmony told him, sticking her tongue out.

"Go get in the car with auntie, let me talk to Xavia right quick."

"Okay. Bye Xavi, thank you so much for doing my hair!" She exclaimed, giving her a hug.

"You're welcome boo!"

After releasing from the hug, Harmony went and got in the car. Zealand then returned his attention back to Xavia. "You did a good job on her hair. Here you go." He pulled out his wallet, and grabbed $150 from it. Handing it to her, Xavi slid the money in her bra.

"Thanks, Zee." She gave him a small smile. "How was work?"

"It was straight, I'm tired though."

"I bet."

Draya honked the horn, startling both of them.

"Is that your aunt?"

"Yeah, my aunt Draya. She has a flight to catch in the morning and still hasn't packed, so she's impatient. I'll FaceTime you later though, alright?"