XXXVIII.

Chapter Thirty Eight.

Xavia stood in Bath & Body Works, smelling all of their new holiday and Christmas scents. She wanted to snatch up everything she saw, but knew that wouldn't be logical. Plus, there was a drawer at home full of body sprays and lotions that she barely wore already. Her grandmother called her a "perfume junkie".

"Oh yeah, I need this one." Xavi said, tossing the bottle of Cotton Candy Champagne lotion in the bag. As she continued walking, her phone buzzed in her back pocket. It was Zealand.

Pressing her lips together, she battled with herself about if she'd answer or not. Being the semi gullible person she was, Xavia chose to answer. "Hello?" She spoke dryly.

"Hey Xavi."

"Hi, Zealand." She greeted stiffly, moving over to where the three wick candles were. Usually, she only got them when they were on sale but she had to get her hands on the Mahogany Teakwood scent. It was her favorite.

"What you doing?"

"At the mall."

"Oh, okay.." He trailed off, causing an awkward silence to become present.

"Sooo, remember how you were supposed to braid Harmony's hair a while back but never got around to it?"

"Mhm."

"Well, Christmas is coming up and I need my baby to look good for the holidays. You think you can do it tomorrow? I know it's last minute, but my aunt wants us to take family pictures."

Xavi sucked her teeth. She adored Harmony and would do anything for her, but she still wasn't the biggest fan of Zee at the moment. It seemed like Zealand only hit her up when he wanted something from her or needed her help, and she didn't appreciate that.

"I'll see." Xavi told him, though she knew she'd do it because at the end of the day, it was about Harmony. "Let me call you back."

"Oka-" before Zee could get the word completely out, Xavi had already hung up.

After checking out, Xavia stopped at the food court to get some Chinese food before heading home. Once she got home, she grabbed her bags and her food then went inside of the house.

"I'm back, Nana." She called out, shutting the front door with her foot since her hands were full. Looking over, she saw that the Christmas tree her grandmother was working on before she left the house was now up and fully decorated.

"Hey sweet pea, how was the mall?"

"Packed." Xavia commented, taking her puffer coat off. "You know how things get during the holidays. Everybody and their momma was there, trying to pick up last minute gifts I'm assuming."

"I bet. Did you find what you were looking for?"

"Yep. I got some stuff from Bath & Body Works, and I was able to find Arnecia those Uggs she wanted. I already told her parents I would get them for her and to keep it a secret."