I.

Chapter One.

"Where are you, Xavi? We gone be late!" Arnecia hollered over the phone as Xavia rolled her eyes. It was too early in the morning for her to be that loud.

"Niecey chill out, I'm turning on your street right now." Xavia turned the steering wheel as she held her phone between her ear and shoulder.

"Alright, I'm already standing outside."

"Okay, I'm about to pull up." Xavia said, pressing the red end button and tossing her phone into the cup holder. A few seconds later, she pulled into the driveway of the familiar two story home where her cousin Arnecia — better known by her nickname 'Niecey' lived.

Arnecia was a pretty girl, standing at five foot eight with long slender legs and an hourglass frame. She had coco brown skin that was smooth as a baby's bottom, and large almond eyes. Arnecia sported a black, white & red graphic tee with Biggie Smalls on the front, distressed light wash jeans, and a fresh pair of Air Jordan 4's on her feet. A black purse hung on her left shoulder, while a Jan-sport backpack rested on her back.

She excitedly ran to her cousin's Nissan Altima, yanking open the passengers side door. "Hey bitch!" Niecey exclaimed as she climbed in, throwing her backpack and purse in the backseat.

Xavia chuckled, "I see somebody is excited for the first day of senior year."

"Hell yeah! Girl, do you not realize that this is our last year being in high school? I could jump for joy right now."

"Trust me, I feel the exact same way. It's time to get the hell away from that prison they call a school."

Xavia began backing out of the driveway, making sure to look at her rear view backup camera.

"Girl, you slayed the fuck out of this frontal wig. It looks like I have a whole sew in." Arnecia commented, running a hand through the curly, honey blonde tresses in her hair.

"I'm glad you like it, Pooh."

Xavia was a self taught hairstylist. She found her love of doing hair back in middle school, practicing on a mannequin head that her mom had gotten her. From there, she started practicing on herself, then eventually on Arnecia.

When her cousin asked her to install a wig on her for back to school, Xavia was thrilled.

Most of the people at their school didn't know that Xavia did hair, which was what she preferred. She knew that if people started finding out, it would draw attention. One thing Xavia couldn't stand was being the center of attention.

Arnecia on the other hand loved being in the spotlight. That was one of the main reasons that she joined the cheerleading team. She knew it would bring her popularity.

They were polar opposites, yet fit together like puzzle pieces. For some, having your cousin as your best friend might've seemed lame but Xavia enjoyed every minute of it. She and Niecey had been connected at the hip since they were first born. They acted more like sisters than anything.

Sometimes, it was hard living in Arnecia's shadow though. People only knew Xavia for being Niecey's
'Fat, anti-social cousin' as they put it. It's not that she was antisocial, she just liked to stay in her own little bubble. Plus, the people at Westwood High were as messy as they come.

After a twenty minute car ride, they arrived at the large school. It was so packed, it took them another ten minutes just to find a spot in the student parking lot. Once they did, both girls hopped out and grabbed their things swiftly.