LX.

Chapter Sixty.

This was it, probably the biggest day in a senior's life.

Graduation Day.

It almost felt surreal.

Xavia looked at herself in the bathroom mirror as she brushed her teeth, a mix of emotions overtaking her. She put in the necessary work, dedication, time, and effort these past four years and it had paid off. Memories of all the nights she stayed up late studying, doing homework, or just completing assignments early flooded her mind. It had been a long journey, but a good one.

After taking care of her hygiene and showering, Xavi went back into her room to get ready. She did a light beat on her face, consisting of neautral toned eyeshadow and a nice bronzer, along with a nude, glossy lip with brown lip liner and wispy lashes. Xavi then put on the white knee length dress that she purchased specifically for this day, as well as a pair of nude heels. Once she was dressed, she touched up the wand curls that she did the night before and then set them with spritz.

Once her appearance was to her liking, Xavia finished everything off by spraying herself with Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis. Looking over at the clock on her nightstand, she realized that she needed to be walking out of the house right at this instant.Graduation started at 11, but all of the graduates had to arrive two hours early for one final practice. 

Xavi quickly grabbed her cap and gown and threw it in a bag, before grabbing her tote purse and tossing her phone, Airpod case, tissue, and water bottle inside. She then snatched her car keys off of her bed and shut her light off before going downstairs.

"Momma, do you and daddy have y'alls tickets?" She asked, peeking her head into the master bedroom that her parents shared.

"Yep, they're already in my purse. I put them in there last night." Xena replied.

"Okay, just making sure. I gotta head out, I'll see y'all at the stadium."

"Alright, baby. You look beautiful, by the way!" Her mother called out as she exited the room.

"Thank you!" Xavia replied as she trotted towards the front door. As she walked out of the house, she shot Zee a quick text to let him know that she was on her way to the stadium.

Once inside of her car, Xavia tossed everything in the backseat and stuck her keys into the ignition. She brung the engine to life, and put her seatbelt on. Just as she was about to back out of the driveway, she paused to turn on some music to calm her nerves. Xavi didn't care how late she was to an event, having her music playing was an absolute must. She would stop in the middle of traffic just to get Apple Music going.

As Her Fears by Yung Bleu started blasting through her speakers, she nodded her head and proceeded to put the vehicle in reverse to back out. Once she did, she put the gear back in drive and mashed on the gas, pushing the pedal. Zee's bad driving habits were definitely starting to rub off on her.

Luckily, she arrived to the stadium just in time. Xavia put her cap and gown on in the car, then grabbed her things and got out. She signed in at the front, and was given a lime green wristband just like the rest of her class.

Zealand sent her a text asking her where she was, and she told him that she was getting signed in. Within a few seconds, he was walking up to her in his blue cap and gown.

"Aw, look at you." She smiled, standing on her tippy toes to peck his cheek.

"Me? Nah, look at you. You look good, mama."

"Thank you, babe."

"Of course. Now, come on. Practice is starting." Zealand grabbed her hand, leading her to where the rest of the 375 seniors were located.