Privately.

Katrina's POV.

"How lovely to see you again Katrina." King Lucien greeted me after he did Xander.

"It's good to see again Lucien." I lied through gritted teeth.

He only laughed , clearly oblivious to my discomfort.

"What can we do for you Lucien?" Xander asked beside me , his hand on my lower back.

"I have actually come to see Katrina , too see if she took consideration to my suggestion." His eyes drifted to me , while mine widened in surprise.

This wolf is desperate for us. Artemis spoke smugly irritated , making me roll my eyes.

"If it's alright with you Alpha , I would like to talk privately with Katrina."

"No you may not." Xander spoke , irritation leaking through. He already knew what Lucien was talking about.

"No?" He smirked "And who are you to defy the King?"

"I am her mate and an Alpha. If I say I do not want you too talk privately with my mate , even as a King I expect you to respect that." Xander spoke firmly.

"Mate huh?" He looked at me , anger contoured him.

He growled ferociously , before lunging at Xander's clear sign of disobedience , but I stepped between the two before he could harm my male.

"I will talk with you privately." I spoke sternly.

What are you doing? Xander growled through the mind link.

The sooner we talk , the sooner he can be gone.

Lucien smirked , allowing me to lead the way. Making my way into the sitting room which was empty , when he arrived the whole pack house cleared out.

"King Luci-"

I couldn't even finish my sentence before I turned around and his lips were on mine.

Pushing him away with great force , I glared angrily before slapping him across the face.

"You dare to kiss a marked she-wolf. What is wrong with you?" I spat at him.

His eyes held amusement. "That Alpha is nothing compared to me."

"You are right , he is much more than you. He is my mate. Which will always out reign any title you hold." My wolf was burning with anger , the feeling of another males lips on mine made me want to stick two fingers down my throat.

"This behaviour makes me question whether you are a worthy King."

"You dare disrespect me." He breathed heavily in my face.

"All you have done since you've showed up is disrespect everyone. Me , my Alpha." I paused my eyes searching his which held fury. "Turn around and go home Lucien , there will never. NEVER. Be anything between the two of us. I have said this once and I will say it again , you will deeply regret this in the future. So give up. I will never want you."

I watch as his face fell at my words , his body slumped as he took a seat on the sofa.

"I'm sorry." He whispered , my eyebrows furrow.

"I have over stepped my boundaries , I should give up , you are a marked woman , soon to be mated probably." I felt my face burn but I pushed that down before he saw my embarrassment.

"I have waited for far too long for my mate and I'm becoming impatient. I mean what if she's dead already? What if she is already in love with another? What if she seems me unworthy like you do?" He huffed and I felt sorrow seep into me.