Perfect.

XANDER's POV.

Katrina really went out of her way to help me heal , or at least distract me. We had went to Lauries for chocolate cookies , we then walked around the city , went to the orphanage which Katrina had visited one of the first few days she returned home , I loved watching her play with the children , she was a natural. I knew one day she'd be an amazing mother.

A Luna too. My wolf added.

I didn't know how to feel about the idea , I wasn't against it , if anything I was all for it. I've always been for the idea of Katrina being my Luna. Katrina was my first love , I just never told her and when I found Charlotte I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my mind. Everyone , including my parents wanted Katrina to be this packs Luna.

Now that I think about it , Charlotte was never Luna material , she never tried to know the pack or show respect towards anyone. She only every came to me for sex or money , but that clearly wasn't even enough for her. I tried and tried for her , yet it still wasn't enough.

And yet Katrina was loved by everyone , she treated the orphaned kids like her own , she respected everyone even Charlotte who was horrible to her. She always tried to help around the pack. And even though she had her soft touches she was hard headed and work oriented. She was determined and passionate especially when it came to her pack and those she loved. And I admired that.

I was proud of the woman she grew to be. She had always had a soft heart , but now she had both a stone and warm one. She knew when she was right and wrong. She knew when the right time was to express her opinion and when not too. That is the Luna I always wanted.

But I also feared that perhaps I always had expectations for my Luna , that I always secretly wanted them to be like Katrina. And i shouldn't categorise Charlotte like that , but I also knew my worth and my packs worth and she wasn't worthy them , from what I had grown to learn.

Katrina and I had agreed to go on a run before the sun starts to set. Having changed behind a tree and shifted into my midnight black wolf , I picked up my clothes between my teeth and trotted to where Katrina's white wolf was.

Katrina had the most beautiful wolf I had seen by far , her fur shined under the moon and reflected in the lake. Our colour fur matched like ying and yang.

She barked at me and licked my face before she took of running. This was always something I wanted to do with my mate , Charlotte. But she claimed to hate running even in wolf form. All I ever wanted was to play a game of tag with her.

Not wasting another second I took of sprinting in Katrina's direction. I wanted it to seem like I was going easy on her but truth be told she was really fucking fast.

Running out of breath and spotting the pack lake , I mind linked Katrina. Trotting over with her on my heels , we both sat by the bed of the lake , looking up at the moon.

She howled out to the sky and I followed suit , my wolf and I were happy. She made us happy.

She lay down , her head on her paws and ears pulled back in comfort. Deciding to want to be closer to her , I lay over the top of her , my head resting on top of hers after I give a quick lick to her ear. Without my consent my wolf released a growl in content.

We lay like that for what seemed like hours before her body shot up , making me fall off of her , I stood on my four legs and shook out my fur , titling my head in her direction , in confusion , she turned around to go behind a tree and I heard the snap of bones. She walked back out in her clothes and told me to shift.

She was sitting on the soil , facing the river , looking at the sky. I took a seat next to her , trying to sit closer to share body warmth as it was a little chilly despite it being the end of summer.

"Katrina?"

"Mhh"

"I never got to fully hear what you said actually I don't even remember if I asked you. But the house..I was wondering if you wanted it?" Her head snapped in my direction.

"I know you said you didn't want it because you had no use for it , but I don't think you should just give it away X.. You said you built it for your mate and while you're still deciding what you want to do , you also said you built it for your future family. I'm sure somewhere down the line in the future , you will meet a beautiful woman who is worthy of you and you can build a family with her , then you have a house for all of you , one that you worked hard on." She smiled softly at me.

Gosh she's perfect.

"Perhaps you're right , but still right now I have no one and that house is empty , whenever you want to be on your own , the house is yours to use , if you like." I offered and she thanked me , accepting the offer.

We simply sat in a comfortable silence , facing the lake.

"We should swim." Katrina suggested , no stated and stood up.

"We have nothing to swim in" I reminded her.

"Well I have my underwear on and I sure do hope you have yours on too." She smiled before she started to take her clothes of. I just watched shocked and not knowing what to do.

When she was just down to her black bra and thong , I had to look away , her body was too much. She was gorgeous , perfect in every sense. Not only was her mind , heart and soul the one of a woman's but her body too. From what I managed to get a glimpse at , she had hips for days , the hips designed for a Alpha's mate , her slim waist but had a slight chub to her stomach that I seemed to be drawn to , wanting to touch her. Her breasts were again one made for a handful of a strong male wolf. She had long luscious legs that never seemed to end , but her skin looked so smooth under the moon light.

She had turned around to run towards the lake and I saw the way the cheeks of her voluptuous ass shook and jiggled , I had to gulp down the possessive growl that threatened to rip out.

I can't try anything , I'm still a mated male. Even if I've decided already to reject Charlotte who I've yet to see for around 2 days , due to being busy with Alpha duties. I had always wondered if it was being away from her that made her decide to cheat , but she was the one that encouraged me to go do my work.

Stripping down to my black boxers , I too made my way into the warm lake.

We spent a good while just swimming and playing around . We then just decided to float on our backs watching the moon and stars , I liked this.

No , I loved this.

Facing Katrina , just watching her. Floating , just taking in her features , she has always been a calm being , and it always reassured me , always calmed me. That's one of the reasons I loved being around her , she taught me how to control my anger from a young age.

"I can feel you starring at me." She took now to stop floating on her back and rather face me. She smiled softly at me and I had the urge to pull her in for a hug.

So I did.

Her arms automatically went around my neck , mine around her waist. My fingers played on the delicate skin of her back , while hers ran through my hair.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly with a gentle smile on her face. A smile that I loved , it always brightened my day.

"I am now , thanks to you."

"I'll always be here for you Xander , you know that right." I only nodded , as I felt her soft lips on the side of my cheek. Pulling away I couldn't help but look at her luscious lips , desperate for a taste.

I darted my gaze up to her eyes to see her watching me with calculation. Slowly leaning in towards her , her hot breath fanned me and my lips grazed hers before she pulled away like I burnt her.

Her eyes lit up and were on alert , I saw her sniff the air and her head darted towards the direction of the woods , where I saw eyes of vultures.

"ROGUES" she growled.