Lauries.

Katrina's POV.

It has been a week since I have returned and today my parents are to be returning from their vacation. I had decided to move back into their house , considering the Luna seems to have a fat problem with me. I didn't mind though , I missed this place.

Having woken up , I went to the kitchen to start making breakfast , sticking with a good old omelette , with fruit on the side.

While the eggs were sizzling in the pan , I heard the front door open and immediately I was hit with my parents scent despite the overbearing smell of food consuming the air.

Running down the hallway , I watched as they both dropped their bags on the floor and looked up to see me standing a few feet away from them.

Looks of disbelief , shock then utter happiness take over their faces and I was dragged into a bear hug initiated by my mother , who already had tears down her face.

"Baby girl , look at you." My mother held me in arm lengths away from her , looking at me head to toe.

"You're beautiful." She whispered , and I smiled lovingly at her.

Diverting my eyes to my dad , who hadn't moved or said a word. He had tears running down his face and a hand covering his mouth.

Smiling softly at him I whispered "Hi papa."

He only scoffed before bringing me into another bear hug like my mother.

"You're home." He mumbled in my hair.

"I'm home."
-
-
-
-
After spending the morning with my parents , simply catching up and I made them food. I got dressed in beige cargos and a black , long sleeved top.

Getting in my car , I headed over to the pack house , but going into town first to get some chocolate cookies from Lauries. It was Xander's and I's favourite cafe when we were younger and we were especially addicted to her chocolate cookies.

Upon entering the cafe , I spotted Laurie placing some freshly baked pastries in the display board. Standing up right , her eyes snapped to mine and she squealed after her slight shock.

Running to me and gathering me in a hug , she squealed again , slightly hurting my ears but I didn't complain.

Laurie was a 40 year old woman , she was petite at 5'1 but her attitude made up for her height. She had brown hair which was turning slightly grey at her roots but she still looked amazing with her hazel eyes.

"Katrina , my word you have grown into the most stunning young lady I have seen to date , and I mean no exaggeration when I say that. Oh dear how have you been?" She cooed like she always had done to Xander and I.

"I've been good Laurie , you're looking amazing also. The cafe is still on it's feet despite your worries years ago. Although how have you been and how's the family? Dave? Matteo?" Dave was Lauires mate and Matteo was her son , who was also the same age as me.

He was a good looking boy when he was younger but I have yet to see him around.

"The cafe is running amazingly , I know I was acting silly years ago. And it's very kind of you dear to say all of that. Dave is well , you know Dave a pain in my butt. Matteo turned into a warrior for the pack , lead trainer to the warriors and a lovely young gentleman and I try say that in the least bias way " making me chuckle "Oh my , have you found you're mate yet Katrina? Please tell me you haven't. You may be Matteo's , oh you must come over for dinner one day." She pleaded , the mention of mates made my smile falter a little.

"Uh , no , no I haven't found my mate." I lied. Despite the sadness I felt for not having that male in my life , Laurie didn't notice and she just beamed.

"That's wonderful , so will you come for dinner and see if you're Matteo's?" I couldn't tell the sweet lady no , she was far to kind to me.

"Of course , I would love to come round for dinner soon , how about this weekend. My parents and I all can come round for dinner. " I offered.

"Oh that would be wonderful , I haven't seen them in a while." She smiled.

"Well I have actually come to pick up two chocolate cookies." I said moving towards the register and display of pastries.

"Two?"

"Yes , I thought I'd take one to Xander as I have to go to the pack house for a meeting with him." I explained.

"That boy hasn't stepped foot in this cafe since you left." She expressed , sadness lacing her voice .Her words made me frown , he never visited Laurie?

"I'm sorry to hear."

"Yes , but I don't blame him , with his Alpha duties and that handful of a mate he has now. You know I'm not to fond of her. She was awfully rude to me when I went over to give her a basket of my favourites when she first became Luna." She frowned across the counter handing me my bag of cookies.

"I wouldn't take it to personally Laurie , who wouldn't like you? Perhaps she might have felt uncomfortable and overwhelmed." I tired reasoning.

"Maybe , I don't know."

After bidding my goodbyes and agreeing once again to the dinner , I made my way over to the pack house , parking outside and making my way up the stairs to Xander's office.

Knocking , I heard a 'come in'. Pushing the door open , Xander sat behind his desk , with his glasses on , that made him look sexy-

Woah , hold it there thoughts.

I walked over to his desk and placed the bag of cookies in-front of him, he simply raised an eyebrow at me before looking inside the bag. I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face as one grew on his , followed by a whole hearted chuckle that warmed my heart.

"I haven't had one of Laurie's cookies since you left." He announced taking his one out a having a bite.

"How comes?" I questioned curiously.

"I just never found time after I became Alpha, and before that I didn't like going without you." I hummed imagine response taking a bite of my own cookie.

We simply stared into each other's eyes , my mind was blank but I felt everything. It was becoming too intense for me so I coughed and looked away , taking a seat in front of his desk , we began to talk through our plan of training for war.

Rogues had declared war on the realm of wolves and we don't know why. The goddess told me it was my duty to stop them , but I couldn't do it alone , it was one of the reasons I returned as well as being done with my training.

We spent hours , up until 1 in the morning planning , new training schedules , rogue possibilities , land damage and costs of how it may be covered , land and boarder rotations for guards , new guard and warrior recruitments . All that finished at around 11pm and then we had spent the next 2 hours simply catching up , I didn't tell him about my mate or being rejected , still to this day it embarrasses me. It made me feel stupid and weak but I knew better. I just wanted to keep this to myself though , the only person who knows is Jenny and that's because she found me in my depressed and broken state.

I told him all about my training , I even took my brown contact out to show him my icy blue eye to which he continued to be amazed by and praised me about how strong I was. While perhaps I was , the story isn't. Losing in a battle to my mate , which resulted in me dying and the change of my eye.

When Xander saw my eyes starting to close slightly and the never ending yawns he offered me a guest room which I gladly took.

Leading me to a room , I walked in a took off my clothes, over the past years I had grown accustomed to sleeping naked , and got under the covers and letting darkness consume me.