Mistletoe.

KATRINA'S POV.

I wouldn't admit it if someone asked , but I was over the moon that Xander and I were back on speaking terms.

I had realised how childish I was being , when all I needed to to was communicate with him. And it's what I have been doing with him for the past 4 months since the King's ball.

Christmas was right around the corner and I couldn't be more happy , I loved Christmas and all of it's festivities. I had gone to the orphanage and bought them all Christmas decorations to put around the house. I joined in with them all on decorating and asked if they would help me with the pack house decorations. Too say they were happy would be an understatement.

And while Christmas was around the corner , so was war. We were to attack the rogues land where we had finally gotten enough information to attack first. But we wasn't to attack until another 3 weeks. But it seemed to dampen everyone's holiday spirit by being so tense. So I organised a marshmallow roasting out in the clearing tonight.

As of 4 months ago , every night I've been dreaming of Xander and I's future , together. And it makes me want to avoid him again out of embarrassment but I pushed all thoughts out of my mind.

Upon opening his door , his eyes shot up to mine from his paperwork.

"Okay , come on. Get up. You are coming to the clearing too tonight Alpha. Everyone needs a break , including you and I'm not going to take no for an answer. So get up , get dressed and meet everyone else in the gathering room in 10 minutes."

I left no room for discussion and went to my room to get changed.

I threw on some black thermal leggings and a long sleeved black top , threw on my tan timberlands and a beige body warmer on top. Throwing my hair into a high ponytail , I smiled my way down the stairs towards the gathering room and stopped in the doorway to watch my pack members mingle.

 Throwing my hair into a high ponytail , I smiled my way down the stairs towards the gathering room and stopped in the doorway to watch my pack members mingle

Hearing footsteps behind me , Xander's grumpy face greeted my warm one and it made me frown.

What's his problem?

I noticed how we were slightly matching , scratch that , we were matching. He wore black jeans and a black sweater , and tan timberlands , minus the body warmer.

"Mummy , mummy , look , look they have to kiss , they're standing under the plant thing." A young girl jumped for joy.

"Sweetheart , that's a mistletoe but you are right , it's tradition not to leave without a kiss." The girls mother corrected her.

I looked above me and there indeed hung , a mistletoe. Knowing I would regret this , I tried to walk away , but Xander's arm snaking a round my waist stopped me.

"And where do you think your going? The crowd wants what the crowd gets." I turned around to face him in his arms to see if he was being serious , and he was dead serious.