Sorry.

Xander's POV.

I sat behind my desk in my office and run a hand through my hair in stress. I didn't know what to do , the logical side of me knew I had to punish Katrina for hurting her Luna , but the other side of me didn't really care. Charlotte went into the ring asking for a fight , and a fight she got.

I could tell Katrina was going easy on her , trying not to hurt her and I don't think she intended to push Charlotte that hard.

But as Alpha , I knew people would question me if I left Katrina without punishment. But I am the Alpha , what I say goes. And what I say is I really don't care. Katrina didn't do anything wrong in my eyes. I know she is a strong wolf , as strong , dare I say stronger than me.

Charlotte was only left unconscious, with a bruised jaw and a bloody nose. That is how I know Katrina went easy , other wise she would've been left with a broken bone or more.

Charlotte was currently in the infirmary being treated and I assume Katrina carried on training in the arena.

I was going to make my way to go see my mate when a knock on the door stopped me. Telling them to come in , Katrina's emotionless eyes met mine. That was one thing I missed about her , she always , always had this bright glint to her eyes , so I wonder what happened to that?

"I'm sorry." She whispered but I heard her. "I shouldn't have hurt the Luna , I tried going easy on her and I didn't intend to push her so hard. I'm sorry." She whispered again at the end.

Standing up to my full height , I walked around to stand in front of her and she wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Look at me Katrina." She hesitantly did "I'm not mad , really I don't feel anything for what happened . As for your punishment , you know I have to but I'm Alpha so I get to decide and I say you have to help out in the kitchen this week."

I slowly saw a grin spread across her face , as her face lit up. I knew she loved to cook and bake , so it was kind of a win , win.

"Okay Alpha." She whispered.

We just stared at each other in the eyes , this is the second time this has happened and it's like my mind goes blank but I can feel everything. It starts in my toes and spreads up to my heart.

Katrina coughed which brought me out of my hazy state.

"Is the Luna alright?" She expressed her worry.

"Charlotte's alright , just a few bruises and a bloody nose , nothing that won't heal in a couple of hours." I explained.

I watch her face relax ever so slightly , so I made my way back to sit in my desk chair.

"Katrina , may I ask you something?" A quick thought came to mind , ever since our talk a few nights ago I had been wanting to ask her but couldn't find it in me to , to be honest I don't know if I wanted to hear the answer and I couldn't tell you why.

"Mhh." She hummed still standing , looking out the ceiling high window that overviewed the forest.

"Have you found your mate?" At that her eyes snapped to mine and her shoulders tensed and her jaw clenched , all before relaxing.

Um is she okay?

"Uh-um , no , no I haven't." She confidently stated, but I saw the sadness behind her eyes.

"I'm sure you will soon." I encouraged.

"Um yeah , maybe." She distracted her attention elsewhere , back out of the window.

"Um I should get going , I'm gonna go cook dinner for my parents , so see you soon and I hope Luna Charlotte feels better." She smiled before dashing out of my office.

I couldn't help but notice the tension between us was ever so slightly thick ever since she returned but it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable nor comfortable.

Standing up , I decided to finally make my way towards the infirmary where my unconscious mate awaited.