Sickness?

Xander's POV.

My mind kept wondering back to Katrina , my Queen and how she was feeling. She told me she was going to spend the day with Natalie , so I trusted her to be in good hands and well looked after.

I so badly didn't want to have to leave her this morning but she said I'd fall behind on my work and I knew she was right.

I was deeply distracted , trying to think of what would make her feel like this. It was unusual for a wolf to get sick , it actually almost never happened and it couldn't have been the squirrel we had last night because I ate from it too.

A knock on the door and Lucas peering his head around had caught my attention.

"Alpha." He greeted.

"What's up Lucas?" I asked , annoyed he distracted my train of thoughts.

"A lot of the warriors are questioning where the Luna is today. As am I? She didn't tell us before hand she wouldn't be coming today." He spoke carefully.

"Katrina is ill right now, so I can't guarantee when she will return." I told him.

"Is everything alright with the Luna?" Clearly concerned.

"She was sick this morning , but wolves don't get sick so I don't know what's wrong with her." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion once again.

"Morning sickness?"

"Yes." I nodded , not taking notice of his behaviour.

"Has she been acting differently lately. Mood swings? Swelling? More..active in the bedroom?" He cleared his throat , clearly not wanting to know about our activities behind closed doors.

I thought back to the symptoms and recalled Katrina's behaviour , she wasn't having mood swings that would cause whiplash , just her normal self. We were both rabbits in the bedroom that was no lie , however she was always the one to initiate the sex usually. And this morning I did notice her boobs looked more inviting , due to the largeness they seemed to have grown.

"Yeah , she does." I answered confused. What does this mean?

"I have no expertise or guarantee when I suggest this but she might be..pregnant." My eyebrows shot up. "I only say that because Natalie had those same symptoms when she found out." He rushed the last bit out.

I didn't want to get my hopes up too soon , but the thought of Katrina swollen , carrying my pup warmed my heart to another level. The dreams I used to have and still do of mini Katrina's and Xander's running around , came running back to the front of my brain.

And..then my smile fell into a frown at her words I remembered. Not ready to have kids and it made me fear if she only even ever said that to not hurt my feelings. What if she didn't want them at all?

I was desperate to return to her and demand her pee on a stick but I decided to wait , be patient. Allow her to have her day with her friend first.
-
-
-
Once 6pm rolled around , my usual time to return home , I sent a message to Katrina asking if she was at home yet and if she wanted me to pick her up.

Katrina : Not home yet , but I'll leave now. Don't worry I bought my own car xx

Me : Alright love , I'll see you soon xx

Grateful , I had enough time to run to the store and pick up a few pregnancy tests that I would ask her to take , and not demand.

Not wanting to get on her bad side , pregnant or not.

The entire drive to the pharmacy , I couldn't help the grin that was on my face.

I walked into the store and down the isle I'd like to think they'd be in. The entire shelf was packed with different ones , I didn't know what ones to pick out. So I picked them all.