Bloodthorn.

XANDER's POV.

I woke up having a horrible feeling within me , I felt empty , like I was missing apart of me.

I lifting my head to see that the sun was rising and back down to Katrina who now laid in her human form , butt ass naked.

I wanted to laugh , but then saw how pale her skin looked. She looked dead.

Standing abruptly , I shifted into my human form and watched for her chest , waiting for it to rise and fall in a steady pace.

"Katrina?" I tried shaking her.

Putting my head against her chest.

Nothing.

She's not breathing.

Going into panic mode , I start chest compressions. Squeezing her nose and breathing into her mouth. This repeated several times , I hadn't realised tears were streaming down my face.

She can't die. She can't fucking die.

"KATRINA" I screamed in agony , begging her to wake up.

For fuck sake , I hope this is some sick nightmare.

I didn't bother dressing either of us as I picked her up bridal style and ran like my life depending on it. Her face and body was scattered with her black blood.

I should've done something earlier , I should've found help earlier.

I was running for around 10 minutes until I saw a little clinic in the empty town , rushing inside the receptionist looked up at me wide eyes. Taking in my appearance and the limp body in my arms , she immediately rushed to get a gurney.

The what I would assume was doctor came out and eyes widened in shock at Katrina's state.

"What happened?" He asked.

"She's been having nose bleeds for the past 24 hours , but her blood is black and the when we woke up this morning she wasn't breathing. You have to help her."

My wolf was on edge and the doctor could see and probably sense he was in the presence of an Alpha.

"Of course Alpha , I will try my hardest , what is her name?"

"Katrina"

"Katrina Dio?" He questioned curiously and i nodded my head.

"How do you know her?" I snapped at him.

"This is where Katrina trained. I will inform her mentor Jenny."

And with that he left.

Minutes later the clinic doors busted open to reveal an oldish looking lady , she was beautiful with her now greying hair. She must be Jenny.
Her eyes moved frantically around the room until they landed on me.

"What did you do to my baby?" She screamed at me.

"I didn't do anything , her nose has been bleeding black substance and then I woke up to her not breathing this morning."

She breathed heavily before her eyebrows furrowed.

"Did you say black blood?" She whispered , a horrified look on her face. I only nodding waiting for her to expand.

"Oh my god , no" she sobbed.

"What? What is it?"
-
-
-
-
45 minutes had paced and finally the doctor showed himself .

"We managed to bring her back to life , however she is in a coma due to heavily poison intake. She has wolfsbane and mistletoe in her system but it seems to have cleared up quite a bit thanks to her wolf. But the black blood. Katrina had been exposed to blood thorn."

At that Jenny sobbed into my chest , I had been comforting her the past while , the whole time I wanted to cry myself and break something. I had explained to her the activities of the past couple of days.

This was my fault.

"What is blood thorn?" I questioned.

"It's a deadly poison that is set out to kill Katrina's kind. It's the only thing that can kill her."

---------------------------

Sorry for such a short chapter.