MIA.

XANDER's POV.

I felt like absolute crap after having woken up. The doctor had informed me I was in a coma for 3 weeks because my wolf refused to heal me because he was hurting. I knew he was refusing to help me , I just didn't know I was out for so long.

He also explained how I managed to heal so quickly , all thanks to Katrina and her healing abilities , if she didn't I'd probably been in a coma for even longer.

I recalled the dream I had with her and the Moon Goddess , Artemis , which was also Katrina's wolfs name , but it made sense as to why. The goddess names our wolfs for a reason. Zeus , my wolf was named after the god of the sky. I didn't necessarily have any connection with the sky directly , but my wolf was the colour of it during the night.

Katrina had stayed with me for the whole day , she had managed to sneak in some McDonalds and chocolate cookies earlier which we munched on , while talking and laughing.

"Xander , about Charlotte." Katrina started.

"Mhh." Not really caring at the moment.

"She's missing." At this my ears peak up.

"Missing? Did someone take her?"

"No , she's gone MIA and taken all of her stuff with her and the safety box in your office , it's been opened and it's empty." She mumbled with a frown.

That box was sacred to me , it held all of my family and ancestor heirlooms , personal documents from the past Alpha's of my pack , a lot of saved money and a ring , the ring I wanted to give my mate when I asked her to marry me.

I growled in anger. It was all gone.

"What was in it?" She questioned hesitantly.

"Everything sacred to me." I gritted out.

"I've sent a search party out for her , but no one can seem to get anything on her , her scent has disappeared , I got your best trackers to try find her , I've even asked the elders for help , but nothing , nada , zilch." Katrina spat.

"You sent a search party out?" I questioned , did she step in as Alpha for me?

"Yeah I sorta made sure all your work was kept up to date so you wouldn't have to stress when you woke up , along with the Luna's work considering she wasn't present." She mumbled almost shyly and I couldn't help the pride that swelled within me.

"That means a lot to me Katherine." I whispered sincerely and her head snapped up at the use of name. In Greek it means pure , technically that is her name just sort of abbreviated longer. But her heart is pure , she is full of love and care for others and I couldn't help but call her it. I also know she knows what it means because my mother would teach the both of use all the name meanings in Greek. I was of Greek blood , but Katrina was simply interested in it.

She beamed at me showing me her pearly whites and I felt myself drawn to her lips like I have been before.

"We shall stop the search party for Charlotte , but instead I want to find my belongings she took , and I know how to , it'll be easier to find seeing as you can't hide belongings from a witch." I snapped out of my gaze.

"Alright , well I'll get that sorted for you , while you get some rest , despite being in a coma for 3 weeks I can tell you're exhausted , so sleep , I'll be back tomorrow." She smiled , before leaning over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight Alpha." She whispered.

"Goodnight Katherine."
-
-
-
The next morning , a nurse came in to give me my morning check up and disgusting hospital breakfast.