Prologue.

"Katrina, the Alpha is coming over for dinner. Please put on something nice." My mother put her head through the door to tell me with a brightening smile accompanying her face , to which I returned.

"Okay." I replied and watched as she disappeared.

I look through my wardrobe for a decent outfit for dinner and come across one . Laying it onto my bed while I headed for the shower.

A quick scrub down , without washing my hair. With a towel around my body I begin to curl my thick , brown strands. After , applying a bit of mascara and a little lip balm. I head back into my bedroom and change into my floral , blue dress that my grandmother gave me for a gift last year on my 15th birthday.

 I head back into my bedroom and change into my floral , blue dress that my grandmother gave me for a gift last year on my 15th birthday

I was very much in love with it , and many others always complimented me while I wore it. It made me feel confident so I never missed a chance to wear it.

Pulling on some white sneakers , I heard the door bell ring and immediately rushed down stairs to greet the Alpha's family , and well my best friend , Xander.

Xander and I have been best friends since we were born , our parents have always been close so I guess it was inevitable for us. Xander is the Alpha to be of this pack , the Dark Moon Pack and he is very excited about it , and seeing him happy makes me happy.

Everyone in our families and the pack in general expect us to be mates , but I have yet to turn 16. Xander's birthday was last year , making him 17 already , and when he turns 18 , Christian , his father , our Alpha , will pass the title down.

And while it would be very nice for Xander and I to be mates , I doubt it would happen . My parents are of Beta blood , but I was adopted. My mother couldn't conceive , and one day Alpha Christian had found me on the border of his territory and placed me into his orphanage , where my parents adopted me from.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs , the Alpha family has already entered out doorway . I reached out to give Aspen , my Luna a kiss on the cheek and then proceeded to give my Alpha a side hug. His amused smirk made me smile sheepishly , he may be my Alpha , but he is a second father figure to me first.

"I sure hope you're not going to ignore my presence Katrina." I practically heard the frown in his voice before I turned to him.

"How could I ever forget the oh most important figure standing under this roof. Dear lord parents how have you raised me." My sarcasm caused everyone to fall into a fit of laughter , while Xander proceeded to pull me into a bear eating hug.

"You look beautiful." He whispered into my ear , all while preventing the oxygen to circulate through my body.

"That's very kind of you to say , but I kind of can't breathe X." I wheezed , to which he immediately let go of me.

While my parents lead us through to the dinning room , Xander and I making jokes throughout the house. I suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot through my head , a pounding against my skull , causing me to skid to a stop and jerking Xander with me.