Hostility.

Xander's POV.

I couldn't believe it. She was home. My bestfriend was home. She was no longer that little girl I was so protective over , she was sure the woman I knew she'd grow into being , and damn I would have to protect her even more from the males , unless she has found her mate?

The idea of her with another man left a slight sour taste in my mouth , but I pushed the feeling away , reminding myself I have a mate.

A mate I wasn't to fond of.

She was a little rude to almost everyone she had come across , but I excused it as her not being comfortable.

I met Charlotte when I was visiting her pack , The Eclipse Pack , 5 months ago. We've mated and I've marked her , but while i excuse her for not being comfortable , I know deep down she's rather to comfortable and is taking it for granted.

But I didn't want to reject her , all my life Katrina and I have always been taught that a mate is a wolfs greatest treasure. You were lucky to be paired with another soul and I was. I tried treating Charlotte like a Queen , but she degraded me quite often and my wolf was reaching a new level of anger and hurt.

Already , the way she was acting towards Katrina had me angry , but all I could do was clench my fists. She has threatened me a couple of times before that she will reject me whenever I put her in her place for disrespecting our pack members , even when they are nice to her.

Like right now , Katrina sincerely apologised , noting to me that she still has that very kind and warm hearted personality she always had. She noted her slight mistake , touching a mated male wolf without his females consent and admitted to it by apologising.

With Charlotte annoyingly attached to my arm , with her ridiculous long nails that tried penetrating my skin , and her overly revealing clothes that I exclaimed I wasn't to happy with her wearing but once again threatened to reject me for trying to 'change her' . I mean I understood how she felt but I never wanted to it to come across as though I'm as changing her , perhaps just thought we could come to a compromise with her clothes. I was a possessive Alpha , and although I thought I would be worse , Charlotte was mine and I don't like sharing what is mine , especially to the unmated males who had wondering eyes.

Katrina walked beside me on my left -

Close to the heart. A subconscious voice spoke to me.

While she carried her luggage behind her , I insisted on taking it but she refused my help. I gave up trying , I can't seem to make even my mate happy when I want to help , give an opinion or agree slightly , so I'd at least like things to be normal with my best friend.

I wanted to admire how much she had grown , but I also didn't want it to seem like I was checking her out. From what I had gathered over all was how much she had grown , inches shorter than my 6'5 frame , while the inches didn't seem that much in my opinion from what looked to be her 5'8/9 frame , I could feel myself tower over her.

When I hugged her earlier , her strong aroma of honeysuckle invaded my senses and it made me want to hold on to her again.

I growled at myself in annoyance, why was I thinking like this? I mated for goddess sake.

I opened the door to my office for the both ladies to walk in , Charlotte immediately taking up my office chair while Katrina politely waited for me to give permission for her to sit down.

"You may sit. No need to wait for my approval." She smile gratefully at me.

Seeing as my chair was already occupied , I opted for placing my ass in the edge of wood of the desk , facing Katrina.

"I'm sad that I missed your Alpha ceremony." Katrina announced with a slight frown on her face.

So was i.

I had to agree , the night of my 18th birthday I was giving the role of Alpha , passed down by my father. All I remember from that night was the desperate need to have my best friend by my side , smile at me , hug me and tell me I could do anything.

I hadn't been ready to become Alpha , I felt like I needed support. I was depressed that Katrina wasn't here. The only other friends I had were Luke and Natalie - both of who are friends of Katrina and I. However , the lucky bastards got paired with being mates and ever since they found out , they never had time for me.

"It wasn't all that special." I couldn't announce that I wanted her there just as much as she wished to be there in front of my mate , who sat right behind me. And I could practically feel the glare directed towards Katrina.

"It would've been for me." She mumbled in front of me , but it made Charlotte growl in possessiveness.

"Miss Dio do you have anything practical to say , or are you going to continue wasting my time." She growled from behind me.

I wiped my head around to face the audacity my mate had in disrespecting once again a member of this pack , when she done nothing wrong.

Facing Katrina again , her face held shock before it went to being expressionless.

"There is news I have to share , however i would prefer it to be between the Alpha and I , if that is okay with him?" Katrina's eyes shifted to me slightly.

Before I could speak my mate interrupted " whatever you have to say I want to here it."

"Charlotte, would you please excuse Katrina and I to discuss matters." I asked my mate politely, which resulted in her scoffing at me and I saw tears well up in her eyes.

"What do you plan on cheating on me with this low like scum?" She accused.

"With all do respect Luna , you don't know me and I do not appreciate being disrespected in such a way , especially when I have done nothing to be treated like so. I assure you nothing is going to happen between the Alpha and I , I only want to discuss private pack matters with him. I want him to approve of the knowledge before we come to shed any light to everyone else." Katrina spoke with such power and certainty , i couldn't help but well in pride.

She's grown up

She sure has. My wolf purred.

It is clear as day that Katrina holds much more power than Charlotte does , Charlotte is only of Delta blood . However, Katrina hasn't let that get to her head unlike my mate. She respected everyone as soon as she arrived despite being more powerful than all of us , me included.

She was crafted by the moons.

I remember clearly.

"Whatever." And with that Charlotte stormed her way out of my office , I wouldn't even bother until later when she cooled down and didn't threaten our bond.

Sighing heavily , I walked around to sit in my desk chair , facing Katrina. We both held an expression of tiredness.

"I apologise for Charlottes hostility , I don't know what's come over her." I tried excusing , however that was just Charlotte from what I'm still learning.

"There is no need to apologise Alpha , she has every right to be hostile towards me. I touched her mate without her consent and yours."

I frowned at that.

"Firstly , don't call me Alpha , it's Xander to you and secondly while I appreciate your thoughts for consent , I did also touch you back , despite it only being a hug." I smiled at her slightly to which she gracefully returned.

"On to a more serious note however Xander."
-
-
-
"A war is coming. And it's big."